AMV Usernames & Studios

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ichihara Yuko
Org Profile

AMV Usernames & Studios

Post by Ichihara Yuko » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:06 pm

How did you create your user/studio name, and what does it mean to you?

I'm a fan of xxxHolic, so my username is pretty much self-explanitory. I don't have a studio, because I don't make AMVs.

That said, I'd like to hear what the creative people here have to say about theirs :P
^.^

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:13 pm

Jubjub - Selma's pet iguana in the Simpsons, NOT THE NEOPET! >.>

The 2 came up because I found the org, signed up, then quickly forgot about it for a couple of years. Since I no longer had the e-mail account for the original screen name, nor any idea what Finnish word I had used for the password, I added a 2 at the end of a new screen name and have been jubjub2 ever since.

Not real exciting....

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:15 pm

I use my name everywhere online. It's my online identity. "Cornwiggle", I made it in 7th grade when I first got the internet. I needed a name and I thought of this Rocko's Modern Life episode where Heffer cooks a piece of wiggling corn, so that's how I got it.

And I have no studio, I don't want one.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Jayn_Newell
Org Profile

Post by Jayn_Newell » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Mine came from the book The Face on the Milk Carton, where Jane keeps making up new spellings of her name. Jayn came from that. Newell was just a random surname I picked when I used the name for a character in a story I was writing. The story went nowhere, but I adopted the name for online use and have used it for, wow, close to 8 years now.

I've thought about making a studio name, but I don't see any real point if it's just me.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:49 pm

My username was inspired from one of Teen Titans main bad guys--Slayd(e). (I actually have no idea how they spelled it.) So I decided to modify the name a bit and stick with Sayde. Of course it wasn't till last year that I found out a lot of girls seemed to have that same name. :oops:

But what's done is done.
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:57 pm

It was a joke. I slapped it on my first practice video just to give it a bumper. Now I can never be free of it :cry:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:12 pm

"dj_ultima" came from a combination of my brother and sister's ideas. My sister was doing the dishes one day and asked me to put music on, so she called me a DJ. My brother was playing Final Fantasy VII, and supplied the "Ultima" part of it.

I added "the_great" when I realized that there was already a dj_ultima on Yahoo. Most people think that the suffix is an egotistical thing. However, I was trying to keep with the theme of magic, and you know how a lot of magicians are called Whatever "The Great"? Yeah. That's where it came from. Not because I'm supposedly stuck on myself. : /

When I can, I like to be called dj_ultima, or just Ultima.

I don't have a studio, nor do I really understand why I would want to be a part of one.

- Jen

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:18 pm

uh. I dunno, just tried to think of a cool word. just added the The part for no reason...

wanted to get my name changed to Unlimited Rice for over a year now, just being patient about it... for now

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:43 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote: I don't have a studio, nor do I really understand why I would want to be a part of one.
Same here.
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!

DeinReich
Org Profile

Post by DeinReich » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:44 pm

SOAD=System of a Down, my favorite band
2k8=2008, my graduation year

As for Insight StudiOs (O=omega), I dunno. It just kinda worked I guess :?

Return to “General AMV”