Dual audio in .mp4 container

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Dual audio in .mp4 container

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Sorry if this has been answered before. I did a search and only found one topic even remotely pertaining to it.

I want to encode dual audio tracks in an .mp4 container, and I was wondering if this was possible with Zarx264gui. I ask because I'm encoding a speedrun using the same methods that I would use to encode an AMV (in other words, I'm using A/V guide on this site), but I want to have the game audio on one track and my own commentary on another. The container is non-negotiable - it has to be .mp4.

I'm a novice to this part of encoding, so any help would be appreciated.

- Jen

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Re: Dual audio in .mp4 container

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:01 pm

I don't know if this is still an open question after almost a week, but...

No, not with Zarx264gui. You can do it by adding the second track to the existing video+audio MP4 using MP4Box. If you need a GUI then there's YAMB. Another option is MP4Creator - the corresponding GUI for it is mp4muxer.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Re: Dual audio in .mp4 container

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Yes, I did still need help, so thanks for responding. As for what you suggested, I kind of figured I would have to go that route if Zarx's program wasn't viable, so I appreciate the links. I was just really hoping I wouldn't have to learn a new program. I'm sure it's not that complex, but... meh, guess I'll just have to woman up and do it. Thanks again for the assist, Qyot.

- Jen

Return to “Video & Audio Help”