Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 9:32 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
(Click here for the humongeous 64-person bracket)
The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v3.0
Hosted by AtomX
Judges: Castor Troy, DokiDoki, Nessephanie, PeroPero, Trythil
32 people have been defeated, 32 people remain :O
Well, I had my doubts that a 64 person tourney would be do-able, but here we are at Round 2 (or, if this were the last tourney, Round 1, by the number of people). There were many "upsets" and surprises, but nonetheless, it was a great round and I definitely believe Round 2 is going to be great to watch. I am very much looking forward to several of these matchups.
So, as far as rules go, they're the exact same as Round 1.
- Competitors arrange their own match times (coordinating with me as much as possible)
- We meet (roughly) 24 hours beforehand to pick sources
- You give me a list of FIVE different sources (and a source is defined as a SINGLE anime DVD or game).
- You receive your song 20 minutes before the match
- You have 2 hours to edit your videos!
Now, Round THREE will certainly have some slight change to it, given that there will be an over-arching "theme" to it, and one other interesting "feature" to the source selections, but for now, it's gonna go basically just like Round 1.
As far as the Round 1 compilations go, I have begun work on them (aside from the simple nature of them, they actually do take quite a bit longer than you'd expect).
So! You 32 people that are left, get to scheduling your matches!! I'm not going to put a solid deadline on when matches need to happen, but obviously the sooner the better. We managed to do 32 separate matches in one month. There's no reason we can't do 16 matches in less time I'd LIKE to have this tournament done or CLOSE to done by the end of the year.
Alright kids.. It's on!
Last edited by Brad on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
- Beef Basket
- Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:27 am
- Status: PARTIES
- Location: PARTIES
- Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2001 5:21 pm
- Location: Vermont
- has trust issues
- Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:01 pm
- Status: Maybe editing?
- Location: Chicago
Good luck everyone I'm hoping for a Reigna/aerialesque duke-out. Let's see if they want to live with each other after THAT.
EDIT: wtf bracket change
EDIT: wtf bracket change
Last edited by CrackTheSky on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Squirrel Boy
- Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 6:28 am
- Location: Australia