AWA Iron Chef

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:20 am

I'm not really sure either... Maybe it's an invite only kinda thing? 8)
ImageImage

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:37 am

Kusoyaro wrote:know what we need next year? A 4-way MTT Iron Chef showdown :twisted:
YA, I worked with those bastards for too long, now I want to work against them. Booo Akimbo Booooo. You're all going down.

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:32 pm

OmniStrata wrote:Iron Chef...

How does one join such an esteemed league?
It's not a league. There's just an Iron Chef and a competitor. If the competitor beats the Iron Chef, he takes the title and has to defend it against the next competitor. AFAIK, there's only one Iron Chef Video Editing Contest and that's at AWA.

Seems simple right?

How they pick the competitor is another story altogether. I think it involves one or more of the following: bribery, physical coercion, alcohol, battery acid, rubber chickens, whips, phenylalanine, red dye #2, sambuca, Taco Bell, orange juice, ass-less pants, hypnotism, breakdancing, a shadowy and highly secretive group of people that decide everything, electricity, big spoons, magic markers, blood, colonic treatments, thumbs, Elly, fire ants, and/or grog.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:16 pm

I loved the Iron Chef competition and both vids were great although I lost 5 bucks betting on Joe. =P Man, we need to have more iron chef comps at other cons *plans out Ushicon Iron Chef*. :twisted:

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:33 pm

Joe let me see his video as it was in progress, man I almost fell out of my chair watching it for the first time.

Hsien did a masterful job as well. I had a hint of what he had in store when I saw the footage from Spirited Away and what song he was using.

That contest was a lot of fun, what a great idea.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:37 pm

paizuri wrote:How they pick the competitor is another story altogether.
(huge list deleted)
I thought the winner of Masters was the Challenger. (Think about the competitors for the past few years) I'm not saying Ian isn't a good choice, but that's how I thought it worked. Guess I was wrong. :)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:40 pm

damnit i have to see these vids. why did i have to leave at 6 o~clock why :cry:
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:42 pm

It is usually the winner of Masters, yeah. Unfortunately the winner of masters was not at AWA this year.

Although I can't give an official reason, I think they wanted someone they could guarantee to be there and wanted to announce it at the con. I gave my assurances. Also, asking me to be the competitor allowed a little extra hype over the US vs UK thing so it was deemed a "good idea".

Lethann
Org Profile

Post by Lethann » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:45 pm

As far as I know of, Iron Chief is Quu's baby... to be a challenger you have to be able to prove to HIM that you can do it. Just cause you're a good AMV editor doesn't mean you can hack the pressure of making a vid in 2 hours.

Anyway.. I'll urge him to post here once I let him out of his 2 week seclusion. 8) He (and his nerves) need a break. Do you know how good it feels to have the house all to ourselves after 2 weeks of non-stop company? :shock: I loved AWA, but I'm glad it's over. ^_^

So speaks Quu2
LOL
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)
The Silver Phoenix | My LiveJournal | My AMV-dot-org Profile

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:44 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:It is usually the winner of Masters, yeah. Unfortunately the winner of masters was not at AWA this year.
True. And if I had been, and then been asked (bribed? threatened?)...I don't know. Two hours is not much, especially if Premiere is involved. On the other hand, if Hsien can do it with quarts of alcohol in him...hey, anything's possible :).
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Although I can't give an official reason, I think they wanted someone they could guarantee to be there and wanted to announce it at the con. I gave my assurances. Also, asking me to be the competitor allowed a little extra hype over the US vs UK thing so it was deemed a "good idea".
AD vs Kusoyaro sounds like a great matchup to me. From what little I've seen, I think the two of you have quite different editing styles. It could be very interesting. With some planning and a little luck, I'll be there to watch it unfold.
Lethann wrote:Just cause you're a good AMV editor doesn't mean you can hack the pressure of making a vid in 2 hours.
Very true. Especially with hundreds of people watching your every move.

Return to “AMV Contests”