AspectMG - Ichigo's Resolve: Rescue of Rukia

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
freakishanimefan
Org Profile

AspectMG - Ichigo's Resolve: Rescue of Rukia

Post by freakishanimefan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:48 pm

I'm looking for the AMV in the title. The download link on a-m-v.org is dead, so I'm hoping someone has a copy lying around in their archives.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: AspectMG - Ichigo's Resolve: Rescue of Rukia

Post by seasons » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Have you tried sending a pm to the editor? Did they respond?

Seems like the video is on YouTube. (3.3 million views!)

freakishanimefan
Org Profile

Post by freakishanimefan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm

I'm aware the video is on Youtube, however, if Youtube rips sufficed, amvs.org wouldn't be as vital of a resource as it is. I prefer to archive in their best quality.

I have been in contact with the creator. Got in touch over Facebook. They're not 100% if they have it still, but I should hear back within the week.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

freakishanimefan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm
I'm aware the video is on Youtube, however, if Youtube rips sufficed, amvs.org wouldn't be as vital of a resource as it is. I prefer to archive in their best quality.
I feel the same way and don't care to rip videos from YouTube for the very same reason.

I hope you're able to reach the editor and get what you want. (This is why I wish more editors would upload their works to this site, so many think it's redundant and a waste of time, but then a couple years later their direct download links aren't valid anymore and/or their AMV has been taken down from YouTube, then suddenly there's no way to view their videos at all. This is never a matter of if, but when.)

freakishanimefan
Org Profile

Post by freakishanimefan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:56 pm

For older AMVs, the issue isn't that they haven't been uploaded to AMVs.org, but that the 10+ year-old indirect/direct links are dead at this point. You have to hope that there is a Local source, and hope still what was stored Locally was the best version.

There has been a few creators who I have had no way of contacting outside of hopeful Youtube comment on their most recent upload... 5+ years ago.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:29 pm

freakishanimefan wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:56 pm
For older AMVs, the issue isn't that they haven't been uploaded to AMVs.org, but that the 10+ year-old indirect/direct links are dead at this point. You have to hope that there is a Local source, and hope still what was stored Locally was the best version.
I don't mean to try to argue or anything here but I really feel like the blue and the red statements here are kind of related? Links to Mediafire, Rapidshare, Megaupload and people's personal servers were always going to die eventually. But the Org would always have what people needed, so long as they actually used it and didn't regard it as something they didn't need going forward.

Like, I get why creators don't want to use the upload feature here and why they felt confident that their indirect/direct links were sufficient ten years ago. But if they had uploaded a copy to the Org as a backup, viewers like you would be able to watch it today in its highest quality. Because eventually, links die, sites get taken down, all that stuff goes away.

Probably something like 98% of people's personal AMV sites from a decade ago are gone or no longer functioning. That's not surprising (especially in hindsight) but it really sucks for the hobby and matters more than most people think.

freakishanimefan
Org Profile

Post by freakishanimefan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:48 pm

Ah, well, that's the difference between direct/indirect links vs Local. Just wait 'till AMVs.org itself announces it is shutting down, or it has some data loss on their servers. One or the other will happen eventually. I just hope that if they do officially shutdown, they'll allow people to download the entire archive of AMVs beforehand.

Return to “General AMV”