Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Finalists and Winners*

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
TheLightMusicClub
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:43 pm
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by TheLightMusicClub » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Did mine happen to be shown at the meet and greet? It was the "We Rock" one.

It was my first time doing one so would appreciate feedback.

User avatar
DopplerDo
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 pm
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by DopplerDo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Pemblem wrote:
DopplerDo wrote:Hey I'm not sure what you submitted, Pemblem, but if you want feedback, I'm happy to oblige :D! What are you looking for as far as feedback goes?
Happy Thoughts! (The one with 140 animes)
Just trying to get some second opinions. I’m aware of the typo at the beginning, but anything else I can do to improve?
I can't find Happy Thoughts on YouTube or the Org! Maybe post it in the feedback forum and DM me the link to the post?

User avatar
The_McLaughlin
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:12 am
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:01 am

TheLightMusicClub wrote:Did mine happen to be shown at the meet and greet? It was the "We Rock" one.

It was my first time doing one so would appreciate feedback.
I don't think names were called out. So I can't tell which one was yours. But if you send me a link I'll give you some feedback on it if you'd like.

User avatar
Pemblem
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:17 pm
Status: Still Alive
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by Pemblem » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:59 am

Oh yeah... I probably should have mentioned that I only submitted my amv to the convention... sorry about that. I wanted to keep it on the down low until after the con, but here’s the Dropbox link that I gave to a few friends and family for their feedback. I don’t want to put this on YouTube or this site until I fix that typo in the beginning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai7yc0cca1o0m ... T.mp4?dl=0

(Boo hoo I have crippling anxierty lol)
Image

User avatar
DopplerDo
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 pm
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by DopplerDo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Boom. Just dropped you some feedback via DM. Welcome to the community, Pemblem :D!

User avatar
PieandBeer
Most Important Meal
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 am
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by PieandBeer » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:30 am

ok so this may be jumping the gun a bit and i apologize! but i saw some photos of the ballots and it doesnt seem like editor names are included alongside the videos. if this is true, i can see this being an issue, as sometimes reupload channels have the only copy of mine and other editor's videos online due to copyright issues. additionally, theres a risk that people might misremember the video and think that a video with the same combo is the video they saw at the con. Is there a way in the future to have the editor names included? or are they included currently somewhere else on the ballot than where the vids are?

User avatar
Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:38 am
Status: Getting to the roof!
Location: Colorado
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by Kisanzi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:56 pm

PieandBeer wrote:ok so this may be jumping the gun a bit and i apologize! but i saw some photos of the ballots and it doesnt seem like editor names are included alongside the videos. if this is true, i can see this being an issue, as sometimes reupload channels have the only copy of mine and other editor's videos online due to copyright issues. additionally, theres a risk that people might misremember the video and think that a video with the same combo is the video they saw at the con. Is there a way in the future to have the editor names included? or are they included currently somewhere else on the ballot than where the vids are?
The editor names are shown before and after each entry during the contest.

Also, here's an unofficial post of the winners from today's award presentation:

Best Action: Are You Ready - chiikaboom
Best Fun/Upbeat: Down the Road - dopplerdo
Best Category X: Dango Dango Literature Club - Marikoamv
Best Drama: Dream the Impossible - Becauseimbored1
Best Comedy/Audience best of show: A Dying Bread - Kisanzi
Best Local: Betrayal - The_Mclaughlin
Best GMV: False Shepherd - Pieandbeer
Editor best of show: Reprieval - Ryuu-dono

Congrats to all fellow winners and hopefully the full finalists list is posted soon!

Trevorius
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:35 pm
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by Trevorius » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:56 pm

I'd like to second PieandBeer's complaint about editor's names not being on the ballot. When I'm watching the contest I usually try to make dots on the take-home portion of the ballot next to which videos I like so I can look them up when I get home. Having the editor names on there would make it a lot easier to find the video I am looking for! For instance, it took me a couple tries to find Dopplerdo's vid thanks to 'Random Road Trip' and some other older things. (Though I will say, what the contest has now sure beats out the old system of not having a take-home portion at all!)

Congrats to all the winners! And Kisanzi - hurry and upload your best in show winner!

User avatar
The_McLaughlin
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:12 am
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by The_McLaughlin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Not sure if there will be an official posting or not but on the off chance there is not since I know many people here were looking for the finalists and overload lists. This was posted over on amvcentral the other day so I'm going to repost it here:

Winners
Best Local: Betrayal - The_McLaughlin
Action: Are You Ready - Chiikaboom
Category X: Dango Dango Literature Club = MarikoAMV
Comedy/Parody: A Dying Bread - Kisanzi
Drama/Romance: Dream the Impossible - BecauseImBored1
Fun/Upbeat: Down the Road - DopplerDo
Audience Choice Best In Show: A Dying Bread - Kisanzi
Editor's Choice Best In Show: Reprieval - Ryuu-Dono
Best VG Entry: False Shepard - PieandBeer
Iron Chef Winner: Moonpie

---------------------------------

Finalists

Action
Eternity - TheDEstineeAMV
Alive - BlackDiamondTeam
A Shared Path - VideoBeats
Dementia - ZoroIttoryu
Dragon RAWR 9000 - Nexus Mania
Are You Ready - Chiikaboom
Betrayal - The McLaughlin

Fun/Upbeat
S is for Sadistic - Kyci
Technicolor Dreamer - Kireblue
Down the Road - DopplerDo
Way We Do It - WhiteDex
Sweet & Sticky - PieandBeer
Youth In Motion - Xophilarus
Family Reunion - CrackTheSky

Category X
Reprieval - Ryuu-Dono
Memento - Padre
Estrella - MagicDarkLight
Destructive Love - MadScientist
False Shepard - PieandBeer
Qualm - Bimyou
Dango Dango Literature Club - MarikoAMV

Comedy/Parody
Underpunch - Moonpie
Dunces & Dragons - Mycathatesyou69
Shiny Teeth - Glitzer
877-YEN-NOW - shorisquared
Manly Manly Models - Obsidian Zero
A Dying Bread - Kisanzi

Drama/Romance
Stay Alive - numbuh0051
Catalyst - Aerialesque & Radical_Yue
Lily Blossom - alchemymini
Ephemera - ailynerie
Dream the Impossible - BecauseImBored1
Sweet Dreams - Mamo!
Friends - Celia Phantomhive

-------------------------------------------------------

Overload

Starlight Starbright - Player One
Where We're Going - xSnowflakes & Pierced Sky
Won't Back Down - Elixir
Doomed Parade - SerAvium
Maple Leaves - Bry___
Always Beautiful - TheDestineeAMV
She's Just Killing Me - Hlebalolomator
Dentelle - Irene S.S.
Celestial Moments - Reverie
A Space Dandy - Shino
Waves - Lina
Shadow and Truth - Spike
Winter Bird - Kenji
Redemption - Chibiahiru
We Rock! - Christian
The Champion of Hyrule - machina21
Spill This Blood - Trenzilla & JanikaChan
A Story To Tell Her - Valter
thirsty - MadMegatax
Iitost - KeiichiFace
Full Metal Nightmare! - Drango
A Real Hero - Bimyou
Bonnyworld - Unlucky
Counter - Unlucky
Literary Love - PaNTSU oF d00m
Quietus - SliceofLife
Bloom - SliceofLife
I Moustache You A Question - Kagacie
Cross My Heart - CrackTheSky
Nugatory - KonahaANBU
Second Nature - shorisquared
Angel of Death - Obsidian Zero
Baba Yetu - Glitzer & Obsidian Zero

User avatar
MaboroshiStudio
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2001 9:16 pm
Status: Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:33 pm

The_McLaughlin wrote:Not sure if there will be an official posting or not but on the off chance there is not since I know many people here were looking for the finalists and overload lists. This was posted over on amvcentral the other day so I'm going to repost it here:

Winners
Best Local: Betrayal - The_McLaughlin
Action: Are You Ready - Chiikaboom
Category X: Dango Dango Literature Club = MarikoAMV
Comedy/Parody: A Dying Bread - Kisanzi
Drama/Romance: Dream the Impossible - BecauseImBored1
Fun/Upbeat: Down the Road - DopplerDo
Audience Choice Best In Show: A Dying Bread - Kisanzi
Editor's Choice Best In Show: Reprieval - Ryuu-Dono
Best VG Entry: False Shepard - PieandBeer
Iron Chef Winner: Moonpie

---------------------------------

Finalists

Action
Eternity - TheDEstineeAMV
Alive - BlackDiamondTeam
A Shared Path - VideoBeats
Dementia - ZoroIttoryu
Dragon RAWR 9000 - Nexus Mania
Are You Ready - Chiikaboom
Betrayal - The McLaughlin

Fun/Upbeat
S is for Sadistic - Kyci
Technicolor Dreamer - Kireblue
Down the Road - DopplerDo
Way We Do It - WhiteDex
Sweet & Sticky - PieandBeer
Youth In Motion - Xophilarus
Family Reunion - CrackTheSky

Category X
Reprieval - Ryuu-Dono
Memento - Padre
Estrella - MagicDarkLight
Destructive Love - MadScientist
False Shepard - PieandBeer
Qualm - Bimyou
Dango Dango Literature Club - MarikoAMV

Comedy/Parody
Underpunch - Moonpie
Dunces & Dragons - Mycathatesyou69
Shiny Teeth - Glitzer
877-YEN-NOW - shorisquared
Manly Manly Models - Obsidian Zero
A Dying Bread - Kisanzi

Drama/Romance
Stay Alive - numbuh0051
Catalyst - Aerialesque & Radical_Yue
Lily Blossom - alchemymini
Ephemera - ailynerie
Dream the Impossible - BecauseImBored1
Sweet Dreams - Mamo!
Friends - Celia Phantomhive

-------------------------------------------------------

Overload

Starlight Starbright - Player One
Where We're Going - xSnowflakes & Pierced Sky
Won't Back Down - Elixir
Doomed Parade - SerAvium
Maple Leaves - Bry___
Always Beautiful - TheDestineeAMV
She's Just Killing Me - Hlebalolomator
Dentelle - Irene S.S.
Celestial Moments - Reverie
A Space Dandy - Shino
Waves - Lina
Shadow and Truth - Spike
Winter Bird - Kenji
Redemption - Chibiahiru
We Rock! - Christian
The Champion of Hyrule - machina21
Spill This Blood - Trenzilla & JanikaChan
A Story To Tell Her - Valter
thirsty - MadMegatax
Iitost - KeiichiFace
Full Metal Nightmare! - Drango
A Real Hero - Bimyou
Bonnyworld - Unlucky
Counter - Unlucky
Literary Love - PaNTSU oF d00m
Quietus - SliceofLife
Bloom - SliceofLife
I Moustache You A Question - Kagacie
Cross My Heart - CrackTheSky
Nugatory - KonahaANBU
Second Nature - shorisquared
Angel of Death - Obsidian Zero
Baba Yetu - Glitzer & Obsidian Zero
Dang I didn't even make Overload... I don't know if I will make the finals at NDK again. Anyway congrats to the finalists / winners!
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

User avatar
DopplerDo
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 pm
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by DopplerDo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:Dang I didn't even make Overload... I don't know if I will make the finals at NDK again. Anyway congrats to the finalists / winners!
You produce some pretty awesome work -- I wouldn't worry about it :p. Hope to see you submit next year, Mabo :D!

User avatar
MaboroshiStudio
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2001 9:16 pm
Status: Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:06 pm

DopplerDo wrote:
MaboroshiStudio wrote:Dang I didn't even make Overload... I don't know if I will make the finals at NDK again. Anyway congrats to the finalists / winners!
You produce some pretty awesome work -- I wouldn't worry about it :p. Hope to see you submit next year, Mabo :D!
Always next year...
Last edited by MaboroshiStudio on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

rileymanga
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:02 am
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by rileymanga » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:00 am

I didn't even make it into overload.... I worked so hard on that amv... Oh well

User avatar
shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by shorisquared » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:41 am

Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest YouTube Playlist:
ImageImage

User avatar
Pemblem
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:17 pm
Status: Still Alive
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2018 AMV Contest *Closed*

Post by Pemblem » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:51 pm

I didn’t make overflow either it seems. Oh well, at least I got to show everyone at the meet and greet. Congrats to all the finalists!
Image

Locked

Return to “AMV Contests”