Its been 3 whole years since the last Disney MEP was released, and so I think that it's about time to bring it back! For those that don't know, the Wonderful World of Disney MEP was a project organized many years ago by CodeZTM. The concept was to simply make a bunch of new AMVs that used songs from various animated Disney movies, and then put them all into a compilation video. We had so much fun that the MEP became a annual event where more and more people joined in with each installment. But due to Code needing to step away from the community for a bit, I took on the role of compiling and releasing the 4th MEP back in 2014. So for 2017, I'm deciding to revive this project so we can celebrate our love of AMVs and Disney one more time.
Rules and Guidelines
1) Everyone is encouraged to participate in the process of beta testing the MEP and individual tracks, but please be courteous and respectful. Also, please be open to receiving constructive criticism a well. The Disney MEP is known for having a friendly environment while still providing constructive feedback and producing high quality work.
2) While deadlines are flexible, please try your best to adhere to them. And if you can't, please notify me in advance. Due to the large number of people that participate in this MEP, its a pretty big task to track down everyone individually to ask them about the progress of their tracks. There will probably be multiple periods of inactivity for this thread, but that doesn't mean that everyone has stopped working. Even if time passes where nobody posts, you are still expected to meet the set deadlines.
3) Songs/music must be chosen from a Disney animated movie, or from an iconic Disney feature. This includes theatrical films, Direct-to-DVD releases, and Disney Chanel Original Movies. Song from Live Action Disney films can be also requested, but they will only be approved on a strict case by case.
4) At any time, a person will be able to have up to 3 tracks “claimed”, but they will be unable to claim a 4th until they've completely finished and submitted at least 1 of them. Also, there will be a 5 track limit on how many a person can contribute to the MEP.
5) Submitted tracks should be around 2 minutes long and no longer than 3. Feel free to cut your songs where they look/sound the very best, while keeping that requirement in mind.
6) For this MEP, most of the tracks will primarily consist of anime footage. But shows that have a anime "feel" or "inspiration" can also be claimed/ considered on a case by case basis. This includes series like RWBY, Avatar, and Korra.
7) You should try to use the highest quality footage available for your tracks. If your track has bad quality footage consisting of interlacing, watermarks, pixelation, or frame blending; you may be asked to provide a cleaner version.
Preferred Resolution: 1280 x 720
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Field Order: None/ Progressive
Betas: MP4 Format Via ZarxGui264
Final: Lagarith/UT Lossless AVI OR MP4 Lossless
To Claim a Track
1) Check to make sure that your song has not already been claimed. Use CTRL+F, since it's a long list.
2) Check to make sure that your anime has not claimed more than twice. Use CTRL+F, since it's a long list.
3) Does the footage you want to use look good and meet technical standards?
4) If you meet the above criteria, post a message in this thread with the following info. What you type will be in the end credits, so make sure to spell it right.
Proof of Concept Deadline: July 12th
Full Beta Deadline: October 27th
Final Deadline: December 7th
MEP Premiere: Late December
Proof of Concept: I want to see a portion of your track edited, preferably the chorus. This just lets me know that you're going to go through with your idea.
Full Beta Deadline: I want to see your entire track edited. No matter how rough!
Final Deadline: I want to have your finished product!
Read under the spoiler for Members Only information. Only read if you're part of the MEP and need to know the relevant details on track statues and how to submit betas.