Youmacon 2016 Fan Art Theater Competition Winners Announced!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2016 Fan Art Theater Competition (AMV Contest)

Post by ngsilver » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:04 am

As promised I wanted to update and inform everyone that my systems are back up and running at the new location. I am now able to authorize any FTP account requests and accept entries via FTP again. I will be pulling down and doing basic QC on all Web Uploads submitted while my systems were down over the next few days so stay tuned to your registered email account for update emails from the system (or you can check your entry status via the system directly.)

Thanks for your patience while I have been in transition for this move. I'm looking forward to all the great entries!

Also, we're about 1 month away from the FTP and Snail-Mail deadlines!!!
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2016 Fan Art Theater Competition (AMV Contest)

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:54 pm

All currently submitted entries have been processed and emails should have gone out from the system informing you of the updates on your entry status. If you have not received one I suggest checking out the entry status page to see your current entry status. There were quite a few submissions that had some issues with them so please check, verify, and resolve otherwise your entry(s) could be disqualified, and we don't want that any more then you do.

Keep in mind the final submission deadline is on October 8th, a month away!
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2016 Fan Art Theater Competition Deadline Oct 8th

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:34 am

Reminder that the deadline for Web Upload submissions is 2 weeks away! We welcome all entries no matter how many contests they've been submitted to or won at, no matter what source material is used (that's right, we want your SMUT entries) and ya'll got a few more weeks to get them in.

For those that entered Pro know that I've already voted and submitted your Pro entry to Youmacon will not sway my views on your videos in any way in the contest (or feel free to wait till the 25th to submit your pro entries)

I am receiving your submissions so do not worry if it takes a few extra days (especially during AWA next week) for your entry's status to update. I will send out reminder emails shortly before the deadline for all entries that are missing video submissions.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:20 pm

FTP and SnailMail deadlines have officially past. We are also FAST approaching the final web upload submission deadline of October 8th! Thank you to everyone who has submitted an entry so far while I've been away at AWA. I will be getting to them all today and will be sending out reminders to everyone whom doesn't have a video submission to accompany their entry form after doing so. You should be getting status update emails sometime tonight.

This is a reminder that we are still looking for entries. These can be of any video, any type, any length and any number of videos (as long as it doesn't go over or under the restraints posted in the rules!) We do still accept HENTAI entries but no longer have a separate contest for it as all entries compete against themselves prior to the convention. Out attendees LOVE seeing the hentai works you submit so please do keep them coming! You have live action videos? We WANT them. You have My Little Pony videos? We WANT them! You have ANY video not previously submitted to us? We WANT them!

What you get from your submission is a potential to win one of our illustrious awards which are all thought up during judging to be some witty comment related to the video itself as well as our standard Best in Show and I Have The Weirdest Boner Right Now awards. All of our awards this year will be given out in the form of Golden VHS Tapes. We will transfer the winning entry onto said VHS Tape along with recordings of our judging sessions. The Tapes will be labeled based on the winning entry and award title and come in a clear clamshell case with a cover as well. So far they look awesome! Check them out below:

ImageImageImageImage

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hawk » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://contests.ngsilver.com/youmacon/2 ... uma_1.jpeg
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://contests.ngsilver.com/youmacon/2 ... uma_2.jpeg[/quote]

I love it. Fingers crossed!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Oh shit almost forgot about this!

synopsysbane
Org Profile

Post by synopsysbane » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Look Forward to seeing everyone's entries

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Can we get a clarification October 7th vs October 8th? Like is it 23:59PM EDT October 7th/00:00AM EDT October 8th, or is it now 23:59PM EDT October 8th. It'll make a difference in what I submit. I'm not quite done with what I wanted, but I have some stuff I have kept under wraps, and I always try to submit to Youma. I had the same thing with Woosh, it was a substitute, and it ended up with an award, so I never want to send Youma nothing if I can help it.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:06 pm

As per previous years, the deadline as printed is Oct 7th, meaning 11:59 PM EDT on October 7th. This is an entry form submission deadline. You still have through the end of the weekend to submit your actual entry to us. Meaning the last point we will accept a submitted web upload request will be 11:59pm EDT on Oct 9th.

As always, if there are issues with a submission we will grant a few days to rectify the problem, but only for entries (videos) that actually are submitted to us. Meaning failure to send a video at all but only an entry form is not a applicable to this extra retry chance.
ImageImageImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Thank you for the clarification, and now that I have asked, I do recall that from previous years. This will help immensely, as this is a three day weekend in Japan. I'll submit my entry form(s) by the deadline.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AMV Contests”