P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are Here!

Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Post by Kimberly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:47 pm

I didn't lower a certain video's score just because I thought the effects were cheesy and ugly. Plus, I wasn't saying that about the original, because as it's already been mentioned, I'm not supposed to judge videos on that. Therefore, I thought the REMAKE's effects were cheesy and ugly. As I said before, the panel says, "Comments", not "Critique". I can post my thoughts however I want and if people don't like it, then sucks.

Just saying it again, I didn't lower my score on that video because I thought it was ugly. Infact, if you read my comment thoroughly, I said the effects were done well.

And I didn't realize that these days, opinions can't differ. If some people don't like what I consider my favorite video, I'll accept it.

Radical_Yue wrote:
Kimberly wrote:Let's listen to how Shin is doing things and be judges and not critics.
:up:

A judge is supposed to be picked for their eye and ability to critique videos with set criteria, not for their personal opinions.
Aw, I heart you too.
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 pm

just read all the comments about Animated's video so far :| I wanted to make my opinion fairly short, but it came out longer than I intended.
Spoiler :
I just decided to re-watch the video, and I'm still not able to take it seriously. This video seemed completely random to me, and I just don't feel that it works as a stand alone video. If someone were to watch it before they saw the original, I feel that they would be completely confused. The thing that made , , and really good remakes is that they are undoubtedly related to the original, but they can still stand alone as a sensible AMV. Even in the case of , its merit isn't due to the fact that it flipped the original on its head. Its a good video because it took one of the most unlikely anime / song combinations and made it look like a natural fit.

In the case of Animated's video, everything from the text to the Zombie apocalypse, to the "hit by a car montage", to the really weird scene of people with their faces tied to each others butt seemed really random. Its really hard for me to accept that these scenes were meant to be taken seriously and weren't just thrown in for the LOL factor.

In terms of the score I gave. I gave a 13/20 for concept because I feel that the video simply can not stand alone in my opinion. If you were to describe it, you absolutely must mention the original for it to make any sense. I gave a 17/20 for video/ audio quality because the quality was acceptable, but wasn't perfect. I gave a 16/20 for sync/ editing because the video was synced good, but the scene selection felt really inconsistent (I count scene selection as a part of editing). I gave a 15/20 for theme because the video defiantly fits the theme of being a remake, but I felt that just making a anti version of the original wasn't exceptionally creative, and it felt like a cop out in my opinion (I'm sorry for being so harsh). In terms of the overall category, I always use it to score points on how I enjoyed or disliked the video overall. I gave a 13 because I didn't find the satire funny, and I felt that a lot of it was really random.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Kimberly wrote:I didn't lower a certain video's score just because I thought the effects were cheesy and ugly. Plus, I wasn't saying that about the original, because as it's already been mentioned, I'm not supposed to judge videos on that. Therefore, I thought the REMAKE's effects were cheesy and ugly. As I said before, the panel says, "Comments", not "Critique". I can post my thoughts however I want and if people don't like it, then sucks.

Just saying it again, I didn't lower my score on that video because I thought it was ugly. Infact, if you read my comment thoroughly, I said the effects were done well.

And I didn't realize that these days, opinions can't differ. If some people don't like what I consider my favorite video, I'll accept it.

Radical_Yue wrote:
Kimberly wrote:Let's listen to how Shin is doing things and be judges and not critics.
:up:

A judge is supposed to be picked for their eye and ability to critique videos with set criteria, not for their personal opinions.
Aw, I heart you too.
:P <3

I honestly think the problem that we're having is that all the entrants go to the comments section expecting to read the reasoning behind scores and not personal opinions. This isn't a personal attack by the way, I think it's honestly a simple misunderstanding that is causing confusion.

EDIT: When someone uses the comments to say "I did not enjoy this video" even if it isn't being brought into the scoring, it really looks that way and that looks bad on the person who left that comment unless they clarify the fact that it is indeed their personal opinion but they scored x, y, & z because yadda yadda yadda.

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 am

Are we still on this? I'm not really that bent out of shape about it, but if you would like to elaborate on the matter a bit more...
Kimberly wrote:I didn't lower a certain video's score just because I thought the effects were cheesy and ugly. Plus, I wasn't saying that about the original, because as it's already been mentioned, I'm not supposed to judge videos on that. Therefore, I thought the REMAKE's effects were cheesy and ugly. As I said before, the panel says, "Comments", not "Critique". I can post my thoughts however I want and if people don't like it, then sucks.
I never said you lowered a score, and I'm not mad or vindictive by any means here. I'm just saying that the broad way in which that comment was written just sounded like a blanket statement that bashed the entire visual theme of my video and the original.

It's hard to differentiate what about my take on the effects were cheesy or ugly from what you said seeing that I replicated almost the exact look of the original video with simply a different color to match the theme adjustment of my version of the video. So with no explanation, that comment can easily be misinterpreted in many ways. What about my take on the FX was cheesy and/or ugly? Did I do something that looked off? Was there something the original had that I was missing? You're just not a fan of purple? To avoid misunderstandings, it would help if you elaborated more. One more sentence would've made me completely understand. Your FX were cheesy in comparison to the original because "?????". Then I would've been like "OK. I getcha. Thanks for the clarification of your broad comment; and also I thank you for the insight just in case I want to polish and finish this video after the contest because now I know what to fix or tweak." It's fine if you don't like it, but if it's noteworthy enough for you to mention in your judging, then please tell me why you didn't like certain aspects of my video so that I can see your point and possibly fix it.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 am

Here's an extra comment on how I judged the editing for that video, since it may seem that I scored it lower because of the "cheesy and ugly effects".
Spoiler :
The maskings were perfect, except for one scene where I could see that you stuck a mask on top of the tv screen (1:09). Also, there is one clip at 0:42 that appears shortly compared to the ones before it and messes up the flow. The part with the television and computers was clever, but after a while, it seemed lazy and like it was just added to fill in space. In other words, it went on for too long.
May be a bit late, but it's to help "clarify".
ImageImage

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:48 am

Kisanzi wrote:Are we still on this? I'm not really that bent out of shape about it, but if you would like to elaborate on the matter a bit more...
Was there something the original had that I was missing?
I'm supposed to judge the video and not compare it to the original, remember? The comparing is only for the theme.
ImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:50 am

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Pointing out a couple minor errors gives much better clarification than "ugly and cheesy" :up:

Moar of this kind of thing plzkthnxbai. Specifics instead of general statements that make it look like the entire thing was just flawed overall.

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:54 am

@Kimberly: Thanks for the clarification. With that, all misunderstandings are cleared up and we can all be friends again and go on a picnic in a sunny meadow. :)

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am

Radical_Yue wrote::up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Pointing out a couple minor errors gives much better clarification than "ugly and cheesy" :up:

Moar of this kind of thing plzkthnxbai. Specifics instead of general statements that make it look like the entire thing was just flawed overall.
Kisanzi wrote:@Kimberly: Thanks for the clarification. With that, all misunderstandings are cleared up and we can all be friends again and go on a picnic in a sunny meadow. :)
Yeah def. All good (: We can go poop out rainbows together.
ImageImage

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:02 am

Contributing with my long and thought out response to add on to the drama:

Lol.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”