Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"] - Ended

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: Project OrgEditor [Round 2 : "After Story"]

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:12 am

Kisanzi wrote:Now let's see some quality stuff here and stop submitting the last minute afterthought vids. Thankyouplease.
No more afterthought. Only afterstory.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:13 am

Kisanzi wrote: This is like tuning in to watch the Olympics only to find that half of the countries were too lazy to show up, and those that did show haven't trained all year and were going to start the day before their event. :(
It's more like the olympics where you signed up to run in the 100 meter sprint then find out you have to recite your national anthem backwards while hoping on one foot and your hands are tied behind your back the whole way...

Ok, maybe a little bit over exaggerating but the themes thus far have been rather vague which makes the whole process difficult IMO. If you don't really know or understand what the specifications are (because they are vague and not really well written, sorry) you're supposed to make are, it makes it that much more difficult to come up with an idea not to mention your confidence in actually accurately being able to follow the said specs.

that's just what i think at least.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:30 am

Oh, I'm sure everyone will do well. Getting into the swing of things is something everybody has to do. I've thus far enjoyed the few entries that have been made for this round. We've finally hit double digits in FTP requests, so I have moderate hope that everybody will submit today! ;)

And if anybody ever needs clarification on how the themes are written, or if you have suggestions on how to write them in a more appealing way, I am always open to suggestions. I have, thus far, not heard any complaints, so I did not know there was a need for change. My apologies Pwolf.

I also sincerely wonder what people were expecting in the themes. XD Many of these were reccomended to me from contestants from prior years, or were offspring ideas from things I'd already seen people edit with, so I honestly didn't think them to be so difficult.

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:38 am

Pwolf wrote:
Kisanzi wrote: This is like tuning in to watch the Olympics only to find that half of the countries were too lazy to show up, and those that did show haven't trained all year and were going to start the day before their event. :(
It's more like the olympics where you signed up to run in the 100 meter sprint then find out you have to recite your national anthem backwards while hoping on one foot and your hands are tied behind your back the whole way...

Ok, maybe a little bit over exaggerating but the themes thus far have been rather vague which makes the whole process difficult IMO. If you don't really know or understand what the specifications are (because they are vague and not really well written, sorry) you're supposed to make are, it makes it that much more difficult to come up with an idea not to mention your confidence in actually accurately being able to follow the said specs.

Well, if I saw that the competetors of the "100 meter sprint then find out you have to recite your national anthem backwards while hoping on one foot and your hands are tied behind your back the whole way" were giving it a solid effort, then I would be amused no matter how bad they fail. But seriously, that point is understandable. What I'm addressing, is more the editing quality of the videos I've seen versus the quality of the "theme" concept. Alot of the videos I've watched look more like "throw crap together, I don't really care" vids more than they look like "I'm struggling with the theme" vids.

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:08 am

Honestly, I've been rather frustrated and disappointed with the contest thus far. I blame that on my own expectations. I'm not familiar with the previous contests so I expected something different. I was hoping for more freedom in what I was making instead of being confined to what seem like strict but vague specifications. I think the theme for this round was a cool thought, but in reality, its far more difficult to envision and execute in a couple of days while also juggling one's other responsibilities outside of amvs. So it doesn't surprise me if the other editors just throw something together in hopes they make it to the next round.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:09 am

Kisanzi wrote:
Pwolf wrote:

Well, if I saw that the competetors of the "100 meter sprint then find out you have to recite your national anthem backwards while hoping on one foot and your hands are tied behind your back the whole way" were giving it a solid effort, then I would be amused no matter how bad they fail. But seriously, that point is understandable. What I'm addressing, is more the editing quality of the videos I've seen versus the quality of the "theme" concept. Alot of the videos I've watched look more like "throw crap together, I don't really care" vids more than they look like "I'm struggling with the theme" vids.
Hey, that's not true...

For me |:

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 am

I for one, am enjoying myself. :shark:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:49 am

EDITING! \o/

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:17 am

Eh, you guys can be as harsh as you want with the judging, but reality is, I know *I* for one don't have all day to edit videos. =/
Currently uploading my video now, I spent maybe 10 hours in all on it? That's just my reality.
Sorry if you don't like it, but whatever, I'm having fun trying to make new things.
If I make it to the next round then so be |:>

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 1”