Favorite anime in AMVs?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:17 am

Tsunade based anime or anything new I like, for example right now I'll <3 you if you make a good:

Kanon 2006 (c'mon Niwa =O)
Code Geass
Any Nanoha
Clannad (c'mon chii =O)
Towards the Terra
Seirei no Moribito
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Claymore

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:39 am

For me it's more about editing style than about anime choice. Back in the days I used to find awesome anime through AMVs =/

Like most other people already mentioned, song and anime combination as well as a good concept should make up for any bad choice in source. Since that's kinda rare though I can understand that you'd want to just concentrate on one particular kind of anime though.

Also, a thing like a FLCL rush I wouldn't consider general preferance, I think we all sometimes have a certain need to see lots of AMVs to an anime we just watched and really enjoyed.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Re: Favorite anime in AMVs?

Post by *inverse* » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:01 am

CrackTheSky wrote:So when it comes to AMVs, are there certain animes you tend to enjoy more than others when you watch a video? And if so, why do you think that is?
Absolutely.

I'm an anime fan first and an AMV fan second, so I'm really, really picky with what I'll download and watch. I know I don't enjoy videos that use sources I'm not familiar with or have no interest in, so I tend to avoid them. But I will jump at the chance to see a video that uses something I like.

Right now, I'd love to see a good video using Hunter X Hunter or Shounen Onmyouji ;P

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:11 am

Chrono Crusade just has tons of EXEMPLARY effects built in, I always am tempted to give CC videos an 8 on tech effects right off the bat (above average)... but I always have to remind myself that it's just the anime.

Other animes, such as the infamous 3, Voices from a Distant Star, Beyond the Clouds and 5cm per sec. are just drawn BEAUTIFULLY.

As for the AMVs I just absolutely LOVE to watch... well the anime doesn't matter really lol. As long as it shows that you had fun making it is all that matters to me, in the end. (along with my own AMVs, this is what I try to show)

Aimaime-san
Org Profile

Post by Aimaime-san » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:13 am

Knowname wrote:As for the AMVs I just absolutely LOVE to watch... well the anime doesn't matter really lol. As long as it shows that you had fun making it is all that matters to me, in the end. (along with my own AMVs, this is what I try to show)
*BARF*

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:25 am

Yu Yu Hakusho~! :P
DBZ - with plot
Sailor Moon

...what? I'm an 80s kid, lemelone.

I also like Naruto, Bleach, Prince of Tennis, and One Piece. Basically any of your "bunch of young guys and very few females" anime. Nice. ^__^

...I don't care much about the song. If I don't hate it, it's fine by me. I don't care much about editing - if it doesn't burn my eyes with speed and effects or go so slow and detached I fall asleep, it's fine by me. I just want to see 3.5 minutes highlighting my favorite characters in their best scenes, maybe with some innuendo added in there for the heck of it.

I watch vids to unknown anime only when I have to, in which case the brain in me will acknowledge the effort and quality of the editing while the heart in me will doze till my eyes tear up and my cheeks get that sticky "I've been yawning till I cry again" sensation. If I don't know the characters, there's no connection, no emotional response, and thus, I'm not really interested except to appreciate cold editing technique.

I'm an anime fan. AMVs are a handy way of getting my anime fix in juicy bite-sized portions. Image

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:33 am

I have no favourite anime in AMVs. Only two which i dont like XD and that are Naruto and DB/Z/GT, but i will look that videos if others say it is really good >_>
With other Animes i have no problem so far...

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:13 pm

Scott Green wrote:wrong music for an Anime where it just doesn't fit....
NOT POSSIBLE.

and to answer the original question. Lain.

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:17 pm

Full Metal Panic

sunwukong86
Org Profile

Post by sunwukong86 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:42 pm

Ghet wrote:
sunwukong86 wrote: Yeah, and I wont watch eye candy AMVs
dosnt that kinda defy the purpose of them being "eye candy?"

eye candy is something that is enjoyable to watch - which is why you download vids in the first place, amirite?
I'll give you an example. Rezz's "Shapeshifter" video. Sure his effects are really impressive, but it leaves you wondering why you waisted time watching it. Id rather watch a video that has emotional sync. Id rather see how creative an editor can be story/concept wise than how he/she can whore effects.
Formerly ANBU_Itaichi1986

Return to “General AMV”