Shoujocon 2002 Party!!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:16 am

The con IS pretty small, so it's not a problem finding anyone. I wouldn't think. The problem is recognizing people if you don't know what they look like!

I'll be wearing my "This Is Otakudom" cast T-shirt, as will others from our parody. I think. I'll also be present at the showings of course! I'll be the geek who's trying to sell people copies and talking up at the front of the room about it. I'm 35, have a long brown ponytail, and am about 30 pounds overweight. Oh, wait... that doesn't make me very unique, does it???

I think that the clubhouse is a great idea! I think that the 10-midnight slot on Friday is the best. Any other ideas? I don't think we need a hotel room. BUT, we would need planning. Food, technology, etc.

And everyone coming to the party: BRING CDs OF YOUR WORK TO GIVE TO PEOPLE! We all want to see other people's stuff!!! It's time to be really supportive of everyone, not the time to whine and bitch about the contest or whatnot. Let's have fun!!!

Silvercat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercat » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:58 am

Scott A Melzer wrote:The con IS pretty small, so it's not a problem finding anyone. I wouldn't think. The problem is recognizing people if you don't know what they look like!

[snip]

I think that the clubhouse is a great idea! I think that the 10-midnight slot on Friday is the best. Any other ideas? I don't think we need a hotel room. BUT, we would need planning. Food, technology, etc.

And everyone coming to the party: BRING CDs OF YOUR WORK TO GIVE TO PEOPLE! We all want to see other people's stuff!!! It's time to be really supportive of everyone, not the time to whine and bitch about the contest or whatnot. Let's have fun!!!
I'm thinking about printing out a-m-v.org's logo and attaching it to the con badge.

As for the clubhouse I need two more people who have pre-registrant and paid, their names and registration numbers and I can reserve it.

As for food...
^_^;;
Umm, BYOF - Bring your own food?
Maybe we can scrounge some money together and order a pizza?
*shrug*

Technology...
Anyone going to bring a laptop? <_<;
They have a tv in the clubhouse, but I just read that they try and make it so you can connect anything to it. :x
The hotel is willing to provide A/V stuff, but for a fee. So, I think that's out.

Requests for the clubhouse must be submitted before 14 July, so decisions have to be made quick. :)
Silvercat

"Semi-good always triumphs over evil!" Digimon

anneke
Org Profile

Club House

Post by anneke » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:49 am

I sent my informattion. :)

I would be happy to pitch in for pizza. I'm coming from out of state so won't have any food on me. I would bring pocky like the Katsucon party but I don't think there will be room in the suitcase (I'm just doing carry on).

Anneke

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:05 pm

Aw mah gawsh, the con's in a week!

This is really exciting. The AMV contest should be fun, since, unlike bigger cons like Otakon, we have no idea what'll be played in advance. Shock!

Heh, I'm really out of the loop this week, so I have no idea what's going on in terms of meetings/parties. Any new developments in our quest?

Since some people will be arriving later (Anneke, Turboneko), hopefully we can do something on Saturday, in addition to whatever we may or may not do Friday.

Dang, I still say we all haul-ass over to Scott's. The man's got like, three computers, and a kick-ass TV/DVD/sound system AND DDR!
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

anneke
Org Profile

Shoujo-con

Post by anneke » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:31 pm

Well I'll be able to recongize Scott so I'll be hanging out with him. I may be able to recongize MeriC. Otherwise I believe on Saturday I'll be Utena in Pajamas, so look for the Pink Haired girl in Blue Pajamas, carrying around a ChuChu on a stick.

Anneke
p.s. Scott hope I forget the ChuChu, because it will seriously hurt, it's put together mainly with stick pins. <Grin>

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:38 pm

I think that the clubhouse sounds awesome. Someone please sign us up!

As far as 'tech goes, we might be okay in that area. Jon and I are running the Shoujocon AMV panel (not a workshop as the schedule would have you believe! We don't have 20 computers for people to work at!) so we will probably have VCRs and computers there.

Bring your own food is the best. I'll certainly bring several 3-litres of Blue Stuff for everyone. Maybe some chips or something too. I don't know about real food, though.

I think that if we could push the party at the AMV panel, that might be good. I'm fighting against it, but they're trying to have us go on Friday before the contest. That would completely suck. First off, our moderator has to work on Friday. Second, I wouldn't want to talk critically about videos, then people go to the contest and vote! That wouldn't be fair. We'd be affecting the contest. :(

I'll also be bringing CDs to give away! Yay! Everyone do the same! (you guys getting tired of this yet?)

Silvercat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercat » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:55 pm

I still need two more people who have pre-registrant and paid, their names and registration numbers to get the clubhouse.
Please someone e-mail me this stuff.

Going over to Scott's place sound nice, but I do not have an transportation.

If I could get two more people's names and reg # (HINT HINT :wink: )
I could reserve the clubhouse room for a time on Saturday also. :)
Silvercat

anneke
Org Profile

Clubhouse

Post by anneke » Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:00 pm

Well, use Scott and Jon's names. Say you don't know their numbers, because maybe they don't have them being Panelists. Couldn't hurt to try.

Scott, give the girl your info, and Jon's. :P

Anneke

Waldo
Org Profile

Post by Waldo » Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:42 pm

Is there anyone from the MD/DC/VA area going to Shoujocon? I'm trying to hitch a ride back to the maryland area on sunday after the con. See you guys and gals at the AMV panel.

Silvercat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercat » Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:57 am

Requests for the clubhouse must be submitted before July 14

Since tomorrow I leave around 2 to go over to Spyral and Kazz and will not be home till the 14, hopefully two people will send me there info before I leave or there will be no go for the clubhouse.

*Hoping to get a party place*
Silvercat

Return to “Anime Conventions”