What style of aniem do you like most

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Follow your nose...

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:43 am

Curvy to the extreme. Beak noses I tolerate to an extent. (Evangelion, yes. Escaflowne, somebody FILE DOWN THOSE SHARP EYE POKING HAZARDS!)

Fav examples. Onegai Teacher, Real Bout High School, Great Teacher Onizuka.

The key art style for me is the nose/eye execution, with bodies coming up close behind. The Manga, "Bastard!!!" has my all time favorite style. Luscious babes, badass heroes, etc.

To be more precise in art "style", one should look at the Character Designs of anime.

I wish I knew the Character Designer of Onegai Teacher, but I couldn't find credits anywhere.

People I know who does nice character designs:

Kazushi Hagiwara (yep I know, I've said it a million times, my all time fav artist)
Oh Great! (He did some H-Manga but if you read Himiko Den and/or Tenjyou Tenge, you may actually find a nicely building plot or 3)
Tsukasa Kotobuki (for those who don't know, he does though wyld and wacky character designs for the Saber Marionette J Series)
Keiji Gotoh (like ALL the regular anime I love watching: Nadesico, Hyper Police, Gatekeepers, Those who Hunt Elves, Real Bout High School, and a million others. You'd think these companies would have found someone ELSE to draw their character designs!)

for Femme artists:

Rumiko Takahashi: Inu Yasha and Ranma are some "standard" anime anyone should see.
Yu Watase: Tor Fantasy lovers and people who liked "The Neverending Story" may jump on her manga/anime.
Yu Asagiri: For those of you who may/may not know, she's the Hentai mistress of "Midnight Panther". Her art isn't just beautifully detailed, it can cut to downright gory at times.
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:51 am

i like hardcore, shit in your face scat action in my anime. or, if santa allows it, forks. big forks. ahem.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:07 pm

temjin wrote:i like hardcore, shit in your face scat action in my anime. or, if santa allows it, forks. big forks. ahem.
I figured you'd like evil cat snarling at you arction :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:19 pm

Takahashi characters!!!!!!!! also whoever draws lina and whoever draws tenchi and dual. Oh yeah and love hina characters.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Rini210
Org Profile

Post by Rini210 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:45 pm

I swear, Di Gi Charat is digustingly Cute. I love those freaky little people! - nyo Anyways.. I think that the animator for that is good. Heck, my avatar is Rabi~En~Rose!
<i>"Kano, quit reading my mind! Quit it!" - Miyazawa Yukino</i>
I wish I were a penguin in a past life.
..::Pink Poof::.. | <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =34361">My profile</a>
<b>Faerie Fan!</b>

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:38 pm

Ugh...I can't stand cutesy anime. I'm more of a fan of occult/horror and realistically styled anime.

I'm particularly fond of the animation styles in JinRoh, the first segment of Memories (Magnetic Rose), Ghost in the Shell (I hate how they're making the new series look 'anime-ish'), Blood, Rurouni Kenshin OVAs, Cowboy Bebop (especially the movie. WOW! ), Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

If they make more anime with art stylings like those, I'll be flocking to see them.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:25 pm

Realistically styled anime lol!!!!!

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:48 pm

which style....?

uhm...the kind where they draw characters and put a voice actor to them?

:D:D:D:D
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:09 pm

I personally don't care about the artistic style as long as the story is good. Great example is Love Hina. Very cute style. I like it. I hate the premise and script. I quit watching it after about five episodes.

As long as it follows my usual tastes - no giant robots (I'm not a thirteen year old male, thank you, I have no fascination with symbolic wang-waving contests), no "boring guy that every girl in the show wants to bonk for no apparent reason except that the viewers identify with him and so live vicariously through him in some sad little way" character, no gratuitous and random throwing-in of Christian religious terms for no apparent reason other than that it makes people think it's "deep" ... then I'm game.

And yes, that pretty much rules out Evangelion. ;) Though, again, I do like the artistic style there.

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:22 pm

ok my favorite style of anime would be the style they used in berserk because the swords and armor looked awsome. but when you get into it thats just personal preferance.

cowboy bebop is definitly an excelent anime drawing wise. the animation is perfect, the guns are done really well.

but the animation in trigun is almost perfect. it's close to cowboy bebop acuracy. but they're not afraid to throw in big badly drawn cartoon heads which is absolutly hilariuos. plus it probably gives the animators a break so the next frames are better than the ones before the big heads.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

Return to “General Anime”