vegas trouble

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
salemshady
Org Profile

vegas trouble

Post by salemshady » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:02 pm

hello people.... i cant figure out how to activate the 3rd track (the first two being the video and audio respectively). what i am trying to do is play two videos together on two seperate tracks.. but i cant find a way to make the third track work. so i used pan and crop to make track 1 video smaller.. hoping that the 3rd track would play behind the first track.. but that didnt work. can you help?!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Right click on your video track and select "Insert Video Track". A new track should appear on which you can place video clips. If you want to lower the opacity of the top clip to get an "overlay" effect, insert a clip on the track and click and hold the top of the clip. Drag down and a blue line should appear indicating the opacity level.

Hope that helped!

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:22 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Right click on your video track and select "Insert Video Track". A new track should appear on which you can place video clips. If you want to lower the opacity of the top clip to get an "overlay" effect, insert a clip on the track and click and hold the top of the clip. Drag down and a blue line should appear indicating the opacity level.

Hope that helped!
i always knew how to create a new track... but i didnt know about dragging the opacity level down. i've tampered around with the opacity level of both video tracks after seeing ur reply, but i still cant view the new track clips. its as if i have to activate the track or something. iam using vegas 5 though.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:31 pm

Hmm...on the problem track, look all the way to the left. There should be a box with a bunch of tabs and buttons - these are the "master controls" for the track. Whatever you do with these controls affects every clip on the track. Try moving the slider so that it says "Level: 100%". If that doesn't work make sure none of the exclamation ponts in any of the master control boxes for any tracks are pushed down.

If that's not doing anything, take a screenshot of your Vegas work area and post a thumbnail.

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:52 am

got it!! thanx a lot.. it was so damn simple.. it was the exclamation mark and it had the track turned off or something like that..i hit that button once and bam!! it works now.. thanks lol.. cant believe i missed that one.. cause i tampered with every single option i could get my hands on.

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:58 am

oh crap.. another trouble... here's the image by the way

as u can see.. the track on the top is the secondary track followed by the main track and then the audio track.
i finally managed to turn the track on (thanks to you) but when i play it ... its like the opacity is almost 0... when actually teh opacity is on 100% right now..
i turned it to 0 but it only got darker... so its not the opacity control.. i think i have to do something with the master control. ..

thankx

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:08 am

never mind guys... i just opened up another track and it works just fine this time.
thanks everyone!!!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:13 am

The problem is that the "Levels" slider on the master control is set to almost 0%. Set it to 100% to get it working correctly. That way you don't have to make another track.

analspider
Org Profile

Post by analspider » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:19 am

lol yeah i read all this and it was basic stuff to it anyone using 7.0? cuz it has more stuff too not alot but enough more than 6 actually and its a little more user friendly
Dont mock the weak, mock the prosperous......

salemshady
Org Profile

!

Post by salemshady » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:04 pm

A'RITE.. so i am almost done with my amv project using vegas! i've rendered it into one huge file.. so i thought i'd try and compress it using virtualdubmod.. but somehow VBM always hangs up everytime i try opening the rendered file! any reason why?!
actually i was gonna try and add some more effects on the rendered file using cyberlink powerdirector.. so i guess it can wait..
thanx

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”