DVD ripping for Macs?

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
gillylilly
Org Profile

DVD ripping for Macs?

Post by gillylilly » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:45 am

Ok... so I'm kinda a newbie when it comes to this stuff, I started making AMV's a few months ago. I can't find a good dvd ripper for a Mac, the clips I have been using so far are clips i was able to just copy and paste off the disks they are ADV dvds, Funimation dvds are another thing I can't do that to them. I was told handbreak works... but it only rips the dvd's into M4V files and they only work in itunes (that's no good to me). I tried another ripper (forget what it's called) and the files have interlacing problems. What programs are good for Mac's I heard AMVAPP doesn't work on Mac are there any programs that can work with Mac. My video editor is Premiere pro (again i'm a newbie at this and i've self taught myself premiere pro so there is a lot to learn).

Thanks

Gillian

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: DVD ripping for Macs?

Post by Kariudo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:17 am

MacTheRipper and Handbrake are the two programs that seem to come up most for macs.

This guide in the mac software section of the video editing programs forum should help you out. Not sure if there's any troubles with installing the newest amvapp in wine/crossover, but you should try installing the newer version before the one mentioned in that guide.

After that, Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>.

Return to “Mac Software”