Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Little things you hate?

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:26 am

Taite wrote:Underestimating a situation or under reacting is much worse in my opinion. Better safe than sorry. Just speaking on behalf of all the awfully cursed people.
Well the thing is, there's a difference between situations and things that are in almost no way related to the situation. While there's some merit to avoiding crowds in general, sure, it's really not like it's doable and will help you in the end. Chance, madness and nonsense can get you anywhere. Statistically, you are far less likely to get shot by an insane man in a movie theater or school than you are by a burglar in your own home. It's the same as not flying because airplane crashes happen. Sure they do, but it's an inherently unlikely chain of multiple things going wrong that causes them. These days you are more likely to die from an accident in your own home.

Stuff happens. I think it's better to be calm about it, and learn to plan in your head how to behave if something goes wrong. Know your escape routes and know how to keep calm if someone, for example, starts shooting. And accept that sometimes, people just die. It's terrible, but it's neither impossible nor unnatural nor unlikely. I think avoiding public places and common, relatively safe activities isn't a good reaction to that. It's just surrendering to what sick people like this guy wanted to achieve in the first place.
(I know this might sound high-and-mighty coming out of me; but I'm not talking out of my ass either. I grew up in an incredibly volatile and dangerous setting where some of the worst things you can imagine happened right outside my door, but life went on.)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:42 am

JaddziaDax wrote:I hate tumors. They suck...
:( Good luck/get well soon.

Taite wrote:
On another note, I hate the Westboro Baptist Church.
http://www.examiner.com/article/westbor ... al-service
Even if there were a mass shooting at the Westboro Baptist Church I still wouldn't protest the memorial service. Though in that case I might be tempted.
Otohiko wrote: Statistically, you are far less likely to get shot by an insane man in a movie theater or school than you are by a burglar in your own home. It's the same as not flying because airplane crashes happen. Sure they do, but it's an inherently unlikely chain of multiple things going wrong that causes them. These days you are more likely to die from an accident in your own home.
People are bad with statistics. They should be part of what informs behavior, but for most people they just aren't. Math tests may strike fear into the hearts of many Americans, but meaningful numbers do not.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:21 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:
D:
That's what I said O:
Warlike Swans wrote:
:( Good luck/get well soon.
Working on that! thanks.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Otohiko wrote:I know this might sound high-and-mighty coming out of me
I hate it when George gets all high-and-mighty.

On a serious note, I hate being bored.

Haar119
Org Profile

Post by Haar119 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:26 pm

I hate my internet. I didn't take that "DNS Changer" hysteria seriously and now my laptop refuses to stay online for more than 2 minutes. Much to my initial surprise, I can still connect to the internet using my Playstation 3 and I can use my laptop's internet at other houses.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:36 am

Otohiko wrote:Statistically, you are far less likely to get shot by an insane man in a movie theater or school than you are by a burglar in your own home.
Yep, and you're more likely to be killed by someone you know than you are by a complete stranger. Stay away from your friends, relatives, and lovers, and statistically you'll better your odds of not being murdered. How's that for playing it safe? ^^;

For the thread:
I hate elderly drivers. It seems like every day I end up behind at least one little old person intent on sideswiping every parked car he or she pass. Yeah, I'm glad they're aiming for the parked ones and not the oncoming traffic, but it's still not good for my heart to be stuck behind them. It's even worse when I'm two cars back and the car in front of me is tailgating the granny. As if trying to avoid a one-car pileup isn't stressful enough. :|

kika_kun
Org Profile

Post by kika_kun » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:49 am

I hate it when someone makes loud chewing sounds when they eat !

Hopstep
Org Profile

Post by Hopstep » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:16 am

When there's a member of a group project that doesn't do anything or pay any attention at all. ;-;

Haar119
Org Profile

Post by Haar119 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:32 am

I hate watching movies with black people. The ones I know are incredibly loud and disruptive for no reason. At this point, I can barely sit in front of a television with my mother without her yelling something out. Though to be fair, I hate watching movies with all sorts of people.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 am

HaarTheDragonlord wrote:I hate watching movies with black people. The ones I know are incredibly loud and disruptive for no reason. At this point, I can barely sit in front of a television with my mother without her yelling something out. Though to be fair, I hate watching movies with all sorts of people.
Lmao i have to say that made my day.
Anyways

Seeing how i am a really impatient Person i HATE with a passion. waiting. I hate everything about it. i hate procrastination. lets just get it done with and get it out of the way so I CAN GO BACK TO BED! thats all i want to do. Is that so much to ask for people? Sleep.

Return to “General Discussion”