AMV Maturity >> Music Maturity

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Zerophite
Org Profile

Post by Zerophite » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:32 pm

Well, my pattern went different. Drama, Horror...nope...I don't see fun in there at all....
"axis discrepancy indicates hexagons beyond control anomaly
mutilation colony reflects no triangular energy
asynchronous matter avoided by a diagram invisibility
subtle methods symmetry uncovered a diagonal telemetry"

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:46 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:Anyhow err, if I understand the question right - I think most people do, and ideally they do, shift tastes as they mature. I certainly did, and although I still <i>like</i> a lot of the stuff I listened to at 14 or 16, it doesn't have as much emotional resonance to me as it does now.

And AMVs would just reflect that. As your musical tastes shift, your AMVing - as most people make videos for the songs they like - would shift along with it.
Yep, I've gotta say I'm in a similar situation. I still like the music I used to listen to before my taste in music got broader, but my taste got...broader, so I find myself not listening to those songs as much as I used to. But from what I understand from the question posed in the first post you're saying that most people's musical taste shifts, but for me that wasn't the case. It didn't shift, it just got wider. I'm listening to more music, and more types of music than I ever have before. My car looks like a bomb hit a large pile of CDs made up of everything from John Mayer to SOAD to Rachmaninov.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:42 am

Hey Zerophite, what about Anathema? Or was that supposed to be a horror video? ^__^

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:11 am

I'm not sure if people progress towards dance or if dance videos are the hardest to do. What if one doesn't like dance music for example?

It depends a lot of your likes/dislikes and musical tastes I think.

Eventually one hopefully gets better at the technical aspect of editing and get more comfortable at spending more time on each video and get more effecient at editing vids, which opens up greater possibilities for any possible idea that one might have, which one might have been limited from before.

There is the slight danger of doing too much of everything that you ever wanted to do and get sick of editing though, when you are no longer able to challenge yourself, either creatively or technically. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, and make each video the best you can.

Zerophite
Org Profile

Post by Zerophite » Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:36 am

BigshotSpike wrote:Hey Zerophite, what about Anathema? Or was that supposed to be a horror video? ^__^
YUP!!!!! ^__^
"axis discrepancy indicates hexagons beyond control anomaly
mutilation colony reflects no triangular energy
asynchronous matter avoided by a diagram invisibility
subtle methods symmetry uncovered a diagonal telemetry"

Return to “General Discussion”