Anime Expo 2010 Anime Music Video Contest Rules Up

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Sephiroth
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2010 Anime Music Video Contest Rules Up

Post by Sephiroth » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:56 pm

you may ask yourself
How did this video get into the finals?
you may ask yourself
How did i lose to that?
you may ask yourself
And you may find your video in the finals
And you may find your video in the finals behind a doki doki video
And you may ask yourself
Well how'd that video get there?

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Kitsuner wrote:This is not my beautiful AX.

This is not my beautiful contest!
...you stole my story

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:07 am

Sephiroth wrote:And you may find your video in the finals behind a doki doki video
And you may ask yourself
FTP.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:21 am

dokidoki wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:And you may find your video in the finals behind a doki doki video
And you may ask yourself
FTP.
Silly Tim, that would make AX too simple to organize.

:awesome:

/edit - This is the first remotely offensive thing I've said in this topic.
Sue me.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:30 am

Niotex wrote:
dokidoki wrote:
And you may ask yourself
FTP.
Silly Tim, that would make AX too simple to organize.

:awesome:

/edit - This is the first remotely offensive thing I've said in this topic.
Sue me.
Oh no! Gonna start more drama!

It's quite funny how that word has been thrown around.

But I agree with Ileia, so far you've been quite civil and organized with valid arguments and criticism. It's just a shame people see it as drama :/

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:18 am

Rider4Z wrote:
milkmandan wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:Just a reminder about the Meet & Greet, if you want any specific videos in the playlist shoot me a pm or post on the M&G thread including a link por favor. :amv:
yay return of the quiz >< lets see if i can win it again
just so you know, you and bryce get one quiz between you this time :P
Oh man this is really late response Rider. but yeah, Bryce is not coming to Anime Expo this year at all. he has been living and working in Taiwan for the past half year. so yeah.. its just me ;)
Image Image

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:32 am

Radical_Yue wrote:Oh no! Gonna start more drama! It's quite funny how that word has been thrown around.
What's wrong with Drama? I really don't think the contest this year has had enough problems to compare to 2006 (which was under different management). So far the only thing we have is that folks are not satisfied with the contest categories and judging system in place.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 49#p897449

While some may not like the tone of the earlier discussion in this thread it's better that this is got out in the open instead of going down quietly like a festering wound. If the complaints go down outside public channels all it could lead to is a worse situation with personal vendettas playing out in the future.

What people need to be careful about is to focus on the details instead of the person. It can be hard to do this with electronic communication when we do not have body language to assist us.

I for one am grateful Ileia took time out to make some post-ACen comments so that events can be improved in the future. There are always limitations and issues the entrants are not aware of but even if you think well there's probably a reason you should offer your input because there are always things we can all improve and what you say could have a very big impact on that. The sad part is that Ileia was one of the few editors or viewers who took time out to offer feedback to the ACen AMV crew. Through my years of involvement with these contests in general I have often got the impression people like to just grumble about something to themselves and not bring anything up until it reaches some boiling point and then we have a thread like this and some people are taken aback because we didn't have enough people in the community discussing this in past years. If there is something you want to share or offer feedback on you should do so and waiting till after the con should not be an excuse. Maybe DigitalPanther can't deal with it now but feedback on the system should be an open discourse and we can all make use of it. The discussion that evolves could lead to some consensus that will assist in how the contest is structured for content or judging. The best thing to come out of this thread so far is that not only have a lot of folks calmed down some but there have been legitimate offers from people to help if there is a place or purpose for them.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:58 am

milkmandan wrote:Oh man this is really late response Rider. but yeah, Bryce is not coming to Anime Expo this year at all. he has been living and working in Taiwan for the past half year. so yeah.. its just me ;)
gads where have you been?

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
milkmandan wrote:Oh man this is really late response Rider. but yeah, Bryce is not coming to Anime Expo this year at all. he has been living and working in Taiwan for the past half year. so yeah.. its just me ;)
gads where have you been?
work :\
combination of a lot of things...a good reason why that video took me forever to finish :(
Image Image

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 am

ah. good stuff nonetheless. i still have one finished... i wonder if he/she is even coming :(

ANYWAY.... i wonder if Dead Fantasy will be continued this year :ying:

Return to “AMV Contests”