Submission Guidelines and Rules
Deadline: Saturday, April, 28th, 2017
Visit the following link for the official event rules and registration form:
Visit the following link to register to participate:
To check the status of your AMV submission, visit the following link:
Please direct any questions or comments to:
Most important changes compared to 2017's rules:
1) The freshness rule has been adjusted. Entries exhibited prior to November 1st, 2017 are ineligible.
2) There are now detailed descriptions and definitions of each category.
3) A few minor clarifications, but no major changes this year.
If you read nothing else, please at least read these.
- You can send us a total of NINE(!) videos this year, but only in the following combination:
- You can send one Action, OR one Drama, OR one Sentiments video. Pick one only.
- In addition, you can also send up to three Rhythm, Fun, or Humor videos (any combination is okay, but no more than three total).
- And in addition to that, you can send up to five Trailer Parodies, TV Commercials, or TV Intro parodies (in any combination).
- If your AMV publicly existed prior to November 1st, 2017, we consider it an old video and won’t accept it.
- Don’t use source material that has studio logos, watermarks, or subtitles. Avoid using text, and don’t put in anything that breaks your anonymity.
- Quality matters a lot. If your video quality looks worse than what you'd see on a retail DVD, it will not be accepted.
- Read our Technical Standards, PLEASE. If you don't follow them, we will adjust your video to conform to them, and the result likely won't be good as if you'd done so yourself.
- Do not pitch shift your audio or it will be rejeted. This isn't necessary for us. We’re not YouTube.
- Read ALL the rules.
Subject to Disqualification:
Policies and Conditions
For the sake of the entire “Submission Guidelines and Rules” document, the terms “we”, “our” and “us” refer to the SPJA, Anime Expo, its subsidiaries, affiliates, associates, staff, and volunteers. The terms “you” and “your” refers to the participant as well as anyone acting on the participant’s behalf.
In consideration of participation in a contest, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, you, on your behalf, and on behalf of your heirs, successors or assigns, administrators and personal representatives, do hereby FOREVER DISCHARGE, FULLY RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SPJA, and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and related entities, their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, insurers, attorneys, shareholders and representatives, and each predecessor, successor, and assign thereof, from and against any and all actions, charges, claims, losses, costs, damages, expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) and liabilities of any kind or character, whether known or unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in any way related to your participation in the contest. By providing a submission to this contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by all rules, policies, requirements, and conditions outlined in this document.