Nan Desu Kan 2015 **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2015 **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

Post by Koopiskeva » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Were you not at ndk? |: ?
Hi.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:Were you not at ndk? |: ?
Neigh
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Me neither, just in spirit. |:
Hi.

Zatheyll
Org Profile

Post by Zatheyll » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:50 pm

With all respect to the creator, the My Neighbor Figaro-kun one was essentially just scenes from the show with music on top, and very minimal editing. I'm extremely surprised it got Audience Best in Show, when many of the others had insane editing feats in them. I did enjoy the AMV, but that was mainly because the show is a very fun watch.

I do agree with Anime's Got Talent winning the Editor's Choice though, as it was masterfully done.

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2015 **Finalists and Overload**

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:58 pm

FarmXD wrote:Guys, you should post photos with the badges so I can put them in my facebook site :3!!
(I'm the badge creator by the way)
You mean like this?
http://s19.postimg.org/5v214t2s3/IMG_0090.jpg

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:14 am

Congratulations to the winners! The contest this year was insanely good -- of all the AMV contests I've attended over the years, I'm having trouble thinking of one with as many consistently top-tier videos as this one. Nearly every category was packed full of just really, really good AMVs and there were a couple categories where trying to choose one video over all the others was borderline impossible. Also thanks to Yue, Kisanzi, and scottanime for helping organize a contest of this caliber. It was phenomenal.

To those who couldn't attend...here are a couple (crappy) shots of the room the videos were being played in. Took about half an hour to completely fill up. Seating capacity (if I remember what Kisanzi told me) was about 2,500. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. NDK's AMV contest is one of the main draws of the weekend, and it's just so cool to be in a room with this many people that love AMVs.
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

AmvLuna
Org Profile

Post by AmvLuna » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:31 am

Zatheyll wrote:With all respect to the creator, the My Neighbor Figaro-kun one was essentially just scenes from the show with music on top, and very minimal editing. I'm extremely surprised it got Audience Best in Show, when many of the others had insane editing feats in them. I did enjoy the AMV, but that was mainly because the show is a very fun watch.

I could name at least 3 others videos who could have won Best Audience in Show, I just wonder how " My Neighbor Figaro-kun " won this award but well it's the Audience who judge so XD
( and I mean how entertaining the video was, i understand it won comedy but Audience idk maybe it's because i don't get all the jokes )

But congrats everyone ~
Last edited by AmvLuna on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:36 am

Most audience members aren't editors/critics. They don't care how much skill or effort was spent on a vid because they don't recognize it. They vote for the end product that entertained them the most. This is nothing new.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:58 am

Rider4Z wrote:Most audience members aren't editors/critics. They don't care how much skill or effort was spent on a vid because they don't recognize it. They vote for the end product that entertained them the most. This is nothing new.
Very much agree with that.

At some AMV Contests (i.e. Otakon), I've been able to gauge the videos that would be the favorites to win their respective categories via audience reaction, and while there are times where I felt a better video should have won, I also have to keep in mind that there's a difference between one person and a room packed with AMV viewers.

As for My Neighbor Figaro-kun, that video is an example that great AMV's can still be made without having to go nuts on the effects, with a lot of the video's "magic" coming from how well the action and cuts in the video sync with the music.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:09 am

Indeed. Sometimes the best videos are the ones where the clever idea was the most difficult part. That in itself is talent and usually can't be taught.

Return to “AMV Contests”