Anime USA AMV contest (Winners Posted 10-5-14 Page 5)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Freki
Org Profile

Anime USA AMV contest (Winners Posted 10-5-14 Page 5)

Post by Freki » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:13 pm

ANIME USA AMV CONTEST!!!!!!

I am Anime USA's AMV Coordinator for 2014. I apologize for the delay in posting this information and thus the short time for submissions but there were some unavoidable delays. so without further distractions!

Welcome! It is our great pleasure to invite you all to enter and compete in Anime USA’s 2014 AMV contest! I am looking forward to seeing your entries reflecting your dedication and skill at making Anime Music Videos! We plan on having several blocks of AMV’s and Fan Parodies shown! We also are planning to have the AMV’s that did not make the contest finals shown as well as panels by you the attendees about AMVs and Fan Parodies! If you have an AMV that does not quite follow the rules but you wish it considered to be shown without entry in the contest, submit as you would but make sure you fill out the submission form properly for the AMV After Hours (18+) showing. Submissions such as these will not count against how many you submit either! Look For some older classics to come back! I am already bringing Scott Meltzer’s “This is Otakudom” and “Steam” for your viewing pleasure!

If you are interested in submitting for AMV After Hours (18+) I will have specific submission information at the end. If you are interested in a panel about AMVs or fan parodies there will be a form up soon to be sent to me; also if you have questions or need clarifications please email me at Jon.Webb@animeusa.org (remember submissions for the AMV contest or AMV After Hours are not to come through this email address).

The rules:
Submission deadline: September 8th 2014. (FOR ALL FORMATS)
1) Each person/studio may submit up to 3 AMV’s in total, but no more than 2 per category. If you are part of a studio, you may submit AMV’s either as yourself or as the studio. You still can only have a combined number of 3 AMV’s between yourself and the studio.
2) All submissions must be accompanied with a filled out entry form.
3) No Nudity, Offensive Language or Excessive violence or gore. The audience for this will be a general, all age audience! If you wish to enter something that is equivalent to an R Rating See our After Hours showing.
4) Any video cannot have won two awards nor be older than one year. We must keep new ideas coming forward and give everyone the best chance to enjoy winning or participating in a contest.
5) Ensure your Video is between one minute and six minutes in length.
6) You may use footage from Video Games, Anime, and Japanese live action. You must have at least 50% of your video to be content from Japanese Video Games or Japanese Anime. You must conform to the general audience rating with all footage no matter where you get it from.
7) Dubbed audio from licensed content is not allowed. You may record your own dialog but you cannot take the script and read it!
8) All submissions become the property of Anime USA and will not be returned.
9) Do not include any bumpers or credits for your video, Title screens will be made by the AUSA AMV Staff to introduce your video.
10) Watermarks: Do not use any commercial studio logos or other forms of watermarks that you did not create yourself as a parody of said logo or your own logo. NO FORM OF REFERENCE TO THE MPAA RATING SYSTEM WHAT SO EVER.
11) AMV Staff and any Judges are precluded from entering this AMV contest.
12) Submissions should not contain unaltered video from your audio selection’s official music video.
If this is seen even in sections of your AMV it may be grounds for disqualification.
13) Attendance to the Convention is not needed to enter, our request to know if you will be at the convention is for our informational use only. We love calling people up and handing you your prize for your hard work! Please come to the Convention if you can!
14) Anime USA is not responsible for Lost, damaged, misdirected, or stolen submissions or prizes if being shipped.
15) With the Exception of the parody/trailer category, excessive narration or dialog could be grounds for disqualification.
16) We reserve the right to reject or disqualify any entry for any reason; all rules here are subject to change and will be applied equally to all submissions once posted. An FAQ will be posted if it seems that a rule is ambiguous.
17) All decisions by Anime USA’s AMV staff are final.

Categories:
Action
Comedy
Drama
Parody/Trailer
Upbeat
Romance
AMV finalists will be judged by the attendees by ballot vote for each category as well as best in show. Awards will be given to AMV’s in First place of each category; Best in show, Coordinator’s choice and Judge’s choice, second place will be announced and recorded.

This year we will be accepting submissions in the following forms of media:
Digital delivery (delivery via Internet)
Optical (CD/DVD/Blu-ray)
Flash Media (all SD card sizes and USB flash drives)
For submissions online We have a Box.com account, file size limit is 5 GB.
You may submit by email: (removed to prevent late entries)
For AMV After Hours submit by email to: upload.AMV_Aft.v2axqxks6g@u.box.com

You may also submit physical media to the following address:
Anime USA AMV contest
PO Box 66031
Virginia Beach, Va 23466
The deadline for receipt of all forms of submissions is 23:59 (11:59pm) Monday, SETPEMBER 8th 2014 for all forms of media. AUSA is not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen or incorrectly delivered submissions; you MUST take all precautions to protect your media if you ship! It is recommended that you use Digital delivery for this contest.
During the initial judging of the submissions if there is an issue with your submission we will contact you to allow you to address or dispute the issue, and if you are able to correct or submit a different video, in place of the video with the issue, by the submission deadline that will be accepted. We cannot guarantee that this will be possible depending on how and when you will send your resubmission.
All submissions must meet the following standards:
- 720 x 480 resolution
- 29.97 fps -OR- 23.976 fps with 3:2 pulldown
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive scan)
- 48000 Hz audio (two-channel stereo)
The following formats will be accepted, provided that they meet the above standards:

Video (in order of preference):
MPEG 2
MPEG 1
HuffYUV avi
Uncompressed avi
Divx avi
Xvid avi
MP4 (no Quicktime-formatted videos will be accepted)
Audio:
Uncompressed wav (PCM)
MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)

All Submissions must be accompanied with a text file of the submission form and named with “editor/studio name – AMV title”. If you submit multiple videos each MUST have its own submission form. See the following Example (ensure your video has the correct extension):
John Smith – To the MOON.avi & John Smith – To the MOON.txt

Submission Form (make into text file):
Full Name (as seen on your Government issued ID!):
Studio name (or editor’s name):
Full Mailing Address:
Telephone number including Area Code:
Email Address:
Category of submission:
AMV’s Title:
Source Video name(s):
Source Song title(s):
Source Song artist(s):
Source Song recording label(s):
Is this submission for the AMV After Hours panel?
Is this submission for any other specific AUSA AMV panel?
Any notes you would like to let us know about?

Freki, Anime USA's AMV Coordinator

UPDATE 10-1-14: Finalists are posted now see the my post on this thread dated this date.

UPDATE: New submissions for the Contest are now closed! The videos are being judged and I can not accept any more, I wish to thank Everyone that has submitted entries. I appreciate your work and wish you ALL good LUCK!

AMV After Hours: You can still submit for the AMV After Hours showing. Please still fill out the Text file as well as follow the naming convention. Thank you! This is not a contest and anyone that has entered any videos in the contest can enter anything else you wish for this! the submissions are relaxed for this viewing as it will be later at night but that doesn't mean you can't enter anything that would have been able to enter the contest... you can also submit videos that have won awards, as well as videos that are older videos.
Last edited by Freki on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA AMV contest

Post by Scintilla » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:12 am

Can we assume that the "with 3:2 pulldown" part is optional for videos at 23.976fps in non-MPEG formats?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:55 am

my file was too large to attach to a e-mail, and so I uploaded it via google drive. But I don't think that google drive links get auto updated to the box account that you have. And so I also added a download link to the text file that you requested. From what I hear, box accounts don't actually allow you to see the body of the e-mail (so I guess that's why you needed a text file). So you may want to put in the rules that we should add a download link to the text file and not the body of the e-mail. That distinction could save you a lot of headaches.

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:26 am

I'll be entering this year. I hope to have a new amv finished for the contest deadline. See you guys there.

Gene
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank you all for your interest so far, and I look forward all submissions!

Scintilla: yes, that is what is being referred to for that.

Gene: Great to hear!

Freki, Anime USA's AMV Coordinator
Freki
Jon Webb

knage
Org Profile

Post by knage » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Working on sending some in.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmARoS ... GP_b7rHM7g

I edit with a passion. Remember my name.

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:46 pm

FIRST:
I've been on vacation and have been getting some feed back and that feed back is appreciated. I am looking into things so bear with me! if you have problems let me know and I will arrange another way for you to submit.

Second: I have slots open for panels if you want to talk about your videos you've made in the past, if you want to share your knowledge of amv editing and tips let me know! I have the room for you to have your time!

Third: AMV AFTER HOURS! I am still looking for AMVs to be submitted for this, the specific relaxations here are they do NOT have to be within the last year, they can have won many an award or none at all, they can basically slide out to an R rating but nothing beyond that! these are not for judging and as long as they pass the normal criteria with the exceptions i noted above! lets have a GREAT show there!

Finally: I am planning to put on showings of This Is Otakudom! and perhaps if i can make sure i have a good d/l of it AMV HELL for an after hours time! (that is tenative) but there are other slots open for anything to happen come on! lets hit this AMV Contest out of the park!!!
Freki
Jon Webb

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:55 am

Freki wrote:Finally: I am planning to put on showings of This Is Otakudom! and perhaps if i can make sure i have a good d/l of it AMV HELL for an after hours time! (that is tenative) but there are other slots open for anything to happen come on! lets hit this AMV Contest out of the park!!!
Have you considered trying to contact the AMV Hell guys to possibly show AMV Hell 7 at the con? The premiere of it at Otakon packed its AMV Theater on both nights?

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:14 am

Freki wrote:Third: AMV AFTER HOURS! I am still looking for AMVs to be submitted for this, the specific relaxations here are they do NOT have to be within the last year, they can have won many an award or none at all, they can basically slide out to an R rating but nothing beyond that! these are not for judging and as long as they pass the normal criteria with the exceptions i noted above! lets have a GREAT show
Just for clarification, is this an actual contest or just an exhibition?
ImageImage

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Freki wrote:ANIME USA AMV CONTEST!!!!!!
4) Any video cannot have won two awards nor be older than one year. We must keep new ideas coming forward and give everyone the best chance to enjoy winning or participating in a contest.
Love this rule
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Return to “AMV Contests”