Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Locked
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Dvl-Jigen wrote:
BecauseImBored1 wrote:
Dvl-Jigen wrote:By chance is there a list for what videos showed during the "Best of the non-finalists" showing?
Hmmmm if you mean the 4 vids in the preshow that were labeled "honorable mention"

Valor by Mycathatesyou https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ralsTpUbYsw
Poor Unfashionable Souls by me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mzbz1QWb3o
Counting Stars by EllipseIris I think >_> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9dCHsk15I

and there was a Sallormoon romance type one that I can't remember the name to

The first 2 I know are right ^^""" hope I remembered the next 2 right....sorry I can't think of the sallor moon one

I was referring to the 3 hour block that ran on Sunday from 10am til 1pm

Actually, the list is up in a way.. If you got the AX forums under Programming under live, video, panels, etc., I posted all the playlists of everything played including that block

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2020 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2020 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 10 (2003) - 26 (2019) AMV Coordinator

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:27 am

65 pages. I am proud. |:>
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
XStylus
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:11 pm
Status: Enjoying the salty air.
Location: A quaint little village.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:46 am

Castor Troy wrote:65 pages. I am proud. |:>
AX threads are always huge, for reasons I still have yet to fathom. Heck, it's four posts away from beating last year's record.

Though I'm not sure it counts this year because you guys kept puffing it up with picture memes. :P
Sakura Con 2013-2019 - AMV something something of something.
Anime Expo 2012-2018 - Emeritus AMV Coordinator

“Understanding is a three-edged sword.” -J. Michael Straczynski

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:23 pm

XStylus wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:65 pages. I am proud. |:>
AX threads are always huge, for reasons I still have yet to fathom. Heck, it's four posts away from beating last year's record.

Though I'm not sure it counts this year because you guys kept puffing it up with picture memes. :P
EVERY POST COUNTS.

ESPECIALLY THIS ONE.

:sorcerer: :bzz: :bzz2:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
ShodanKid
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:38 am
Location: Phoenix
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by ShodanKid » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Why should last year win?

Consider this this post the filler episode *no spoilers*

User avatar
XStylus
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:11 pm
Status: Enjoying the salty air.
Location: A quaint little village.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:06 pm

If I recall correctly, I think AX2011 holds the proper record, actually. That year had two threads with a combined 1137 posts. Given the epic controversy that year (cash prizes and whatnot) I don't think we'll be matching that anytime soon. :P
Sakura Con 2013-2019 - AMV something something of something.
Anime Expo 2012-2018 - Emeritus AMV Coordinator

“Understanding is a three-edged sword.” -J. Michael Straczynski

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:15 pm

XStylus wrote:If I recall correctly, I think AX2011 holds the proper record, actually. That year had two threads with a combined 1137 posts. Given the epic controversy that year (cash prizes and whatnot) I don't think we'll be matching that anytime soon. :P
Amazon Gift Cards might spark that up again. :ying: :taco:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:29 pm
Status: Does it matter?
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by drewaconclusion » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
XStylus wrote:If I recall correctly, I think AX2011 holds the proper record, actually. That year had two threads with a combined 1137 posts. Given the epic controversy that year (cash prizes and whatnot) I don't think we'll be matching that anytime soon. :P
Amazon Gift Cards might spark that up again. :ying: :taco:
Awards for most thread drama?
ImageImage

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:45 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
XStylus wrote:If I recall correctly, I think AX2011 holds the proper record, actually. That year had two threads with a combined 1137 posts. Given the epic controversy that year (cash prizes and whatnot) I don't think we'll be matching that anytime soon. :P
Amazon Gift Cards might spark that up again. :ying: :taco:
Awards for most thread drama?
AX would win EVERY YEAR. :bzz: :bzz2:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: You just got Holtzmanned baby~
Location: One floor above Chinese take out
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Troll.

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Rider4Z wrote:Troll.
Image

OH MY GOD!!!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
shiro_clanclan
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:59 pm
Location: Concord, CA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by shiro_clanclan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Anybody got info for the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica video that played in the Pre-Show at the contest to "Don't Cry Out" by Shiny Toy Guns? I've tried everything I know to find it and came up empty. I assume it's in the 'leftovers' list but that list is only creator/title and not series/song so... :(

I mean, it's not a main contest thing so I don't need it for review purposes, but I loved the video personally. Would love to see it again. :)
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Hagaren Viper
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:51 pm
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever
Location: I dont wanna edit
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 am

I believe that was Ryvannis' video, and I don't think he's actually released it yet.
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
XStylus
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:11 pm
Status: Enjoying the salty air.
Location: A quaint little village.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:08 am

shiro_clanclan wrote:Anybody got info for the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica video that played in the Pre-Show at the contest to "Don't Cry Out" by Shiny Toy Guns? I've tried everything I know to find it and came up empty. I assume it's in the 'leftovers' list but that list is only creator/title and not series/song so... :(

I mean, it's not a main contest thing so I don't need it for review purposes, but I loved the video personally. Would love to see it again. :)
That would be "Fascination" by Dean Seirafi, AKA Ryvannis.

I'll be posting a pre-show playlist within the next day or so, once I've properly gotten over the con-plague. :S
Sakura Con 2013-2019 - AMV something something of something.
Anime Expo 2012-2018 - Emeritus AMV Coordinator

“Understanding is a three-edged sword.” -J. Michael Straczynski

User avatar
shiro_clanclan
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:59 pm
Location: Concord, CA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by shiro_clanclan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 am

Thanks to both of you! Hopefully it gets released soon.
Image
ImageImage

Locked

Return to “AMV Contests”