Fanime AMV Contest 2014! WINNERS PAGE 6!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Tsu!
Org Profile

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! $50 GC Prizes Deadline TODAY!

Post by Tsu! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Hey ranmaman,

FMV is a bit of a misnomer. Unlike other FMV contests, we are "FMV" in name only- it's an abbreviation of Fanime Music Video (which is the name of our con and a play on Anime Music Video, of course). We highly prefer anime and video game content. Other types of animation are technically accepted this year but may not perform as well in the judging as anime, due to the nature of our audience at-con.

Also, my internet is back on, and no problems have arisen thus far, so please hold to the deadline at tonight 11:59PM PDT, folks. The form will close automatically at that time.
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:22 pm

I was under a similar impression when I saw this listed as an FMV contest. Had I known about the abbreviation's true meaning sooner I would not have sent my Frozen video into the contest. :uhoh:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:39 pm

i sent disney |:>

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:02 pm

I'm sorry for the confusion. However, the rules both refer to it as an anime music video contest and "Fanime Music Videos".

As I said, the videos that aren't anime/VG are not disqualified. I somewhat mispoke in my prior post (last minute entry frazzles, plus personal problems)- videos make it in based on judges' scores (see rules for our scoring system) and time constraints, period. They're not going to be voted down based on source material. They're in the competition, providing they meet all other quality requirements. (As long as you received an entry accepted rather than entry dq'd email, you're golden.) The audience's decisions are what i was referring to, and are theirs to decide- however, we have had 90% live action (non-japanese media) videos make finals and then go on to win by audience vote in prior years, so don't worry. Our competition is usually about 95% anime, which is why I said it's preferred- it's an anime con, after all. But other media are welcome.

However, if anyone who has sent a mixed media or non-anime entry thus far would rather replace it for a different entry, feel free. If you received bonus points originally for your entry, I will include those bonus points with your replacement.

Edit: I want to apologize regarding the confusion around FMV vs AMV. Fanime's AMV competition was renamed to FMV long ago and it always struck me as odd as an editor since FMV has a different connotation in our hobby. For this year, as I said, and prior years, all animated media is welcome. However, I will be approach my higher ups regarding the name problem to see what we can do to make it less confusing in future years.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Please keep the open video source option. This is one of the few cons I know about that allows non-anime entries. It's also something I would like to attempt in my own contests.

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Rider4Z wrote:Please keep the open video source option. This is one of the few cons I know about that allows non-anime entries. It's also something I would like to attempt in my own contests.
Thanks for your input. A lot of changes will be made next year, from the structure of the written rules to prizes (potentially), so all input at this time is going to be influential in what changes are made. Whether we continue to accept all animated media or not, the rules will be made clearer as to what we accept to avoid this issue in the future. I could only alter so much on my first training-wheels year. :| Thanks for your understanding.

ranmaman
Org Profile

Post by ranmaman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:44 pm

2 videos Submitted!

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Forgot to mention-"non animated" source material, aka manga music videos, are also A-OK.

Thanks ranmaman! Downloading now. Acceptance emails will be going out in batches tonight due to large entry numbers.

Tsu!
Org Profile

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! Closed to Entries

Post by Tsu! » Thu May 01, 2014 2:50 pm

All editors that have entered have been emailed. If you haven't heard from me, contact me immediately!

Now, for the tally...

You ready for this? Fanime's AMV Competition received a whopping 138 entries this year. That's more than twice what we got last year, and is most likely the highest number on record (definitively beat out 2012-2013, 2007 and 2009.) This is going to be an incredibly tough competition to judge as we received amazing videos this year. Thank you all for your hard work and entries. Judging will commence soon and finalists will be notified soon thereafter.

HotaruT
Org Profile

Re: Fanime AMV Contest 2014! Closed to Entries

Post by HotaruT » Mon May 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Holy.. :shock:
Well, never give up trying. 8-)

Return to “AMV Contests”