Anime MixTape Vol 1

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Kodack Productions
Org Profile

Anime MixTape Vol 1

Post by Kodack Productions » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:01 am

I really would like to do a collab video with someone (preferably 4 to 6 people, but 1 or 2 would work too) but I don't know a dang thing about organizing a MEP. If anyone would like to help me in my little venture, please submit your ideas and knowledge so I can get this thing started.

Well, I guess I can list the particulars I actually do have figured out.

Firstly, it will be named the Anime Mix Tape Vol 1 and it will consist of only rap/hip hop songs. It can be any artist, mainstream, or underground, as long as the song fits the video, and it isn't a horrible excuse for music.

And any anime is allowed.
And here's the shocker. ONLY WMM projects will be allowed 'cus I'm tired of people hating on WMM. I wanna get tha best WMM users on here to come together and show what skilled hands can do with the (and I'm being real) limited software.

Theres only gonna be six spots open 'cus I ain't trying to overdo it on my first attempt. And each person has a minimum of a minute, and a maximum of a minute and forty seconds for their section(these times subject to change)
And try to pick songs that have the beat drop late(5-15 seconds) What I mean by late is the beat not droppin' time the song comes on so that we can create "run-time" so I can do a voice over intro for you. Like a real rap mix tape. This is my vision: Start your video within the 5-15 second margin(you can edit this part or just select a scene and let it play on this part. Your choice.) and I'll be on the mic introducing you in the cool, gangsta way that I can, and then when the beat drops, do your thang.
You can request what you want me to say, and the length of the intro too. As long as it's shorter than 15 seconds.

Those who wish to join, please select your anime and song. Oh, and if possible, if I don't have the song, e-mail it to me so I can create the final mix and have it up for you all to listen to. And PLEASE, send the real version off the real CD. No bootlegs, or MP3 downloads. Now, I'm supposed to have two on board already.

But I didn't choose rap as the musical base because I'm a big fan of it. I choose it because of the nature of the music. Rap is usually cocky, arrogant, and flamboyant rants of who's better and bigger. I want this project to represent how WMM editors, through pure skill, can be as good, if not better than people running Magix Studio Pro, Adobe Premier, Vegas, anything. I just want some respect, and I will earn mine. Making videos is a passion for me, not just a hobby or fandom; and WMM is all I got and can afford, so I will push it to its limits to garner the respect of my fellow editors. That's the kind of cocky, arrogant, flamboyant attitude we need to push WMM, and ourselves, people. Thus.....that is why I chose rap.

With that said, let me break down the way this is going to be setup. This is not going to be your usual MEP project. The videos will be seamless, but it will be done in a way that the creator of that section will be announced by me. But what I do want you all to do is make your videos not with the idea of seaming in with everyone elses, but make them as if you were making an independent project. I will edit it so that it feels semi-seamless. Think of it as when a song ends on a CD and the band plays into the next track. I am currently making a sample video to demonstrate this, so no worries. Be as badass, and flashy as you want. Shine. Shine hard, because its your minute of fame. And when it all comes together, when everyone has given their all, then we will have a masterpiece.
I'm structuring this as if it was an actual rap mixtape. I hope you've heard a mixtape before.....
But, let me close here.. Got on a bit of a rant. But that was important info about the video structuring I wanted to get out. Peace and Ja Ne.
That's all I know, the rest will have to be learned... So teach me. Lol.
Oh, if any of these confuses you, or you have any questions or knowledge, my AOL name is darakerukunteki and my yahoo is kentaro_black. I'm on AOL more than anything, so if you can, catch me there.

Those on tha Tape... Roster full as of now.
Kodack-
8bit samurai- Advent Children: "Bang" Young Jeezy/Lil Scrappy
LOBO89X-
Knightmrinarmr- Cowboy Bebop: "Kryptonite" Purple Ribbon
Merciful Aria- Prince Of Tennis: "I'm a Gangster" Josh Tobin
Running Man- Dragonball Z:
Last edited by Kodack Productions on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:54 am

I guess I'm officially in. Aright well, I guess I'll contribute a lil. AIM: AteBitSamurai YIM: riznit86 MSN: ratatat13@hotmail.com . Right now I'm thinkin I might do Bang by Young Jeezy with Final Fantasy VII AC. Otherwise I'll correct myself. And I'll see what I could do to help Kodack as this MEP develops.
Last edited by 8bit_samurai on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Under Construction

eahs
Org Profile

Post by eahs » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:12 pm

sounds ineresting... but i cna;t join ^^" my schedule is booked MEP/AMV wize... plus school and blah blah blah... anyhow i hope this goes well ^^... can't wait to see it when it's done...
Current AMV Project: Rukia & Ichigo - I Climb ~ Thousand Foot Krutch ~ 10%
Current MEPs: Colossal Prophecy
Newest AMV: http://media.putfile.com/AMV-Editors-Tribute

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:11 pm

well the idea of only using WMM is interesting. I was a long time WMM user and was able to make something good out of WMM (for example the videos in my signature)

However, the only thing that turns me off is the use of rap/hip hop. It's probably my least favorite type of music generally with a fex exceptions. But maybe I would consider this....

Then again, I just made the glorious transition from WMM to Vegas. I then vowed to NEVER use WMM again unless I absolutely have to, but I can identify with the agony of editing with it and having it crash on you every 10 seconds. One thing I definitely don't miss

But I will check out this thread for this and see if I'm still interested, since I would like to have some of my better WMM things represented like the one's in my signature.

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:19 pm

I actually already made something right before the switch to Vegas. It was Negima to Candy Shop by 50 Cent. It was about 30 seconds long. I'm wondering if you would like me to send it to you to see if you want to use it. It's letterbox though so I dunno if you would want it or not

Kodack Productions
Org Profile

Post by Kodack Productions » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:50 pm

Well, that's fabulous. Send it to my e-mail address. darakerukunteki@aol.com and I'll look at it. Thanks for the interest.

LOBO_89X
Org Profile

Post by LOBO_89X » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:34 pm

im in so wut evr u need frm me u got it
we ride together, we die together-
law of the triangle
hey check out my pride and joy
Konoha Silence

Kodack Productions
Org Profile

Post by Kodack Productions » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:54 pm

Bet. Ok, what I need from you and the rest of the crew is the names of the anime and songs you all are using. As well as the songs themelves e-mailed to me because I'm gonna mix them all together into one track. Now, here's the tricky part with that. The way I'm gonna try to do it is chop the song in a way that it only plays the first verse, then cuts to the end so that it will make a cleaner transition into the next song.( All of this will be demonstrated in the pending sample vid.) Most songs I can do that on. But if the beat is odd, I may have get creative. I'll know what's up when you all give me the songs. Don't worry, I'm a master at audio editing. : )

LOBO_89X
Org Profile

Post by LOBO_89X » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:26 pm

just any old song cuz if u got no prference ima go wit pitbull and akira or s-cry-d
we ride together, we die together-
law of the triangle
hey check out my pride and joy
Konoha Silence

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:48 pm

I think imma change my song. But then I'll still have to make a trip to Mammoth Music, Which will be this weekend at the latest. Anime: for now FFVII AC for now. Unless I can come up with somethin different this weekend.
AMV_4000 wrote:if i could get wmm to stay open for 5 minutes and let me edit with ANY codec that i have... then i would jump in this and prove you wrong...
for some reason I been able to keep mine up and running for the times I use it. Maybe there's something wrong with mine or something. It does freeze up everynow and then for about 5 minutes or so, but then I usually wait it out and it start working again.
Under Construction

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”