Gundam UC

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Android raptor
Org Profile

Post by Android raptor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:59 pm

Yeah, I LOVED 0080! So sad :cry:

SulliMike23
Org Profile

Post by SulliMike23 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Well I just wish they'd continue with what happened in F91. When they originally wanted to turn it into a series but because of a budget or some sort of problem, it was turned into a short movie that was never able to finish. We then get V Gundam where we're left hanging as to what happened after the events in F91.

They've got enough stories for the OYW as it is, they need stories that are part of the Zeta era or at least have a series that takes place as an alternate of G Saviour.
"If you look at the negatives in life, you'll never be happy. If you look at the positive side of life, good things will happen that will make you happy." -Me

Android raptor
Org Profile

Post by Android raptor » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:05 pm

Yeah...or a full Zeon OYW side-story, or a series with a female lead. Or one with both :D !

SulliMike23
Org Profile

Post by SulliMike23 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:53 pm

I've rarely seen a female Gundam pilot. Other than Karen Joshua or Christina Mackenzie, I have rarely seen another girl pilot a Gundam in the Universal Century.
"If you look at the negatives in life, you'll never be happy. If you look at the positive side of life, good things will happen that will make you happy." -Me

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:02 pm

There really needs to be more. I wonder what would constitute a good ms pilot?

SulliMike23
Org Profile

Post by SulliMike23 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:01 am

Well the hero of almost each Gundam story has to have a tragic background (from the looks of it) and probably has to have some sort of skill that gets him/her able to pilot a mobile suit quite efficiently. However, I seriously doubt they'll look into female characters for the roll of a Gundam pilot. There were some who came close, but no cigar.

Heero_Yuy84
Org Profile

Post by Heero_Yuy84 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:23 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:I've rarely seen a female Gundam pilot. Other than Karen Joshua or Christina Mackenzie, I have rarely seen another girl pilot a Gundam in the Universal Century.
Keep looking...they're out there...some others for the list:

-Sayla Mass pilots the RX-78-2 for a brief time in the original series (...she's not exactly Amuro with it, but that's beside the point)
-Emma Sheen (pilots the Gundam Mk-II in Zeta Gundam)
-Elle Viano (pilots the Mk-II in ZZ)
-Roux Rouka (pilots the Zeta Gundam in ZZ) (incidentally, Fa also briefly pilots the Zeta in this.)
Also for this point in the timeline, if you want to count them as Gundams:
-Four Murasame pilots the Psyco Gundam (Zeta)
-Rosamia Badam pilots the Psyco Gundam Mk-II (Zeta)
-Puru Two (Yes, I'm aware the US spelling is Ple...I just find that one awkward...much like I prefer 'Camille Vidan' over the US-favored 'Kamille Bidan') pilots the Psyco Mk-II for a time in ZZ

-Marbet Fingerhat pilots a Victory unit for the better part of the Zanscare War in V Gundam
and, last but not least
-Shrike Team...an all female MS team for the League Militaire in V...while they start off in Gunblastors, many of them see a good deal of action in Victory Gundam units.

p.s. Also, if you want to get technical, you could count Kayra Su and Chein Agi from Char's Counterattack (both for piloting the ReGZ, which is, in all regards, effectively a retooled Zeta Gundam. It lacks the appearance, but in terms of performance, it's there.)

...There you have it...there's a good chance I've missed a couple myself, but hey...
Part of the problem is that Bandai has been slow in bringing over the titles where the female pilots really get to shine...

...in short...
Dammit Bandai! Put down that shiny SEED stuff and help us with this!
*Resident shameless Gundam fanboy*

Zero
Org Profile

Post by Zero » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:34 pm

Well, if you want more UC stuff, you'd have to modify the timeline alot. Elitests would get mad on the spot.

-Zero
Phade wrote:(I've actually promised to spend some time with my wife now. It's "happy Friday time".)

Android raptor
Org Profile

Post by Android raptor » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:36 pm

Not if you make a side-story...

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:17 pm

You ever play Gundam 0079: Side story for dreamcast? It seemed to have a decent plot. Make a story for that.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”