Chain of Memories

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Anicsi
Org Profile

Chain of Memories

Post by Anicsi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 pm

Well, first of all I have to admit that I don't really know what to write here. Basically I made this video because I couldn't put my feelings into words. So now again, i sit here, thinking about how to express them properly. I guess I cannot without going into length and losing my composure again.

I made this video for a very special and important person to me, since it was her birthday on the actual release date, 2nd of February.
Back then I wrote a long, long description on Youtube since I felt like keeping all inside would simply tear me apart.
So if you are actually interested in reading the story behind this video, you can do so here in the description:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUhMcuNRP2c

If you don't want to know, just enjoy this amv, only keeping in mind that the concept of this video was nothing more than my feelings, this truly beautiful song, and the very fitting title I gave it.

Thank you very much.

Glitzer
Org Profile

Re: Chain of Memories

Post by Glitzer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:57 pm

What a beautiful amv. The videos in which you pour your feelings into are the best kind.

-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:54 pm

I like this. Very nice. Like the scene placement :up: :cry: I feel ya bro. These are manly tears

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 pm

That was extremely well done. In several different ways.

For one, you used VERY underused [footage from] 5CM footage. +1000 internets.

The atmosphere was thick, and the conceptuality behind the story was extremely well put together and was portrayed in a very compelling way.

Visual and audio quality were top notch. :up:

I watched it start to finish several times before finally throwing my hands in the air and not being able to complain about everything.

Oh wait. There was one thing... The black fades after the intro kind of killed the video's flow. In the beginning, I could understand it because it was setting up the AMV, but afterwards, crossfading would have done the job and kept with the flow. Or that's at least how I feel. :D

But still, definitely one of my more favorite Shinkai AMV's. :up:

4.90/5.00

Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Post by Cross/fade » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 am

Great stuff.

Scene selection, lyric synch, mood, editing - everything felt just right. Very nice, very nice. It's simple in it's structure but the "thick atmosphere" like Code said keeps you interested till the end.

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:41 am

Glitzer wrote:What a beautiful amv. The videos in which you pour your feelings into are the best kind.
Thank you very much ^^ Yes, somehow I think so too :3

Meteor Dragon wrote:I like this. Very nice. Like the scene placement :up: :cry: I feel ya bro. These are manly tears
lol @ last statement. And thanks ;D

Code wrote:That was extremely well done. In several different ways.

For one, you used VERY underused [footage from] 5CM footage. +1000 internets.

The atmosphere was thick, and the conceptuality behind the story was extremely well put together and was portrayed in a very compelling way.

Visual and audio quality were top notch. :up:

I watched it start to finish several times before finally throwing my hands in the air and not being able to complain about everything.

Oh wait. There was one thing... The black fades after the intro kind of killed the video's flow. In the beginning, I could understand it because it was setting up the AMV, but afterwards, crossfading would have done the job and kept with the flow. Or that's at least how I feel. :D

But still, definitely one of my more favorite Shinkai AMV's. :up:

4.90/5.00
Thank you so much ^^ I am really glad you liked it. I went with hardcuts and blur only for the part you mentioned before, but that looked even more awkward, so I added the black fades. You're probably right with the crossfades, never considered that. Thanks a lot! ^^

Cross/fade wrote:Great stuff.

Scene selection, lyric synch, mood, editing - everything felt just right. Very nice, very nice. It's simple in it's structure but the "thick atmosphere" like Code said keeps you interested till the end.
Thank you :3 Glad you enjoyed it despite the simpleness ;D

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:24 am

man, i wanted it to be kh when i clicked this... T_T

good vid, absolutely hated the blurs in the beginning though

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Beautiful ^^ I loved the mood and the scene selection was excellent :up:

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Nice.
Hi.

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:48 am

gotegenks wrote:man, i wanted it to be kh when i clicked this... T_T

good vid, absolutely hated the blurs in the beginning though
Thanks a lot ^^

Yeah, on second thought I should have changed that part in the beginning somewhat. :-/ Anyway ;D

AimoAio wrote:Beautiful ^^ I loved the mood and the scene selection was excellent :up:
Thank you :3 Man, I still love this song so much *O*

Koopiskeva wrote:Nice.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”