FLCL'd

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
w00d00
Org Profile

FLCL'd

Post by w00d00 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Comments:
Well, it's just a pure-cut (!!!) AMV made within 6 days (and I'm lazy). Not my best work, but I wanted to create some shit to the next competition. :sweat:

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Re: FLCL'd

Post by Cenit » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:11 pm

For the good points output quality was fine, editing was mostly ok and basically the concept was fine as well.

But

FLCL is overused! Yes it is. It's sad seing exactly the same clips again and again and again. Well i don't want to say that today it's impossible to make good amvs with it but by now i want to see something more than the usuall girl.crashes.in.boy.with.motorcycle.hits.him.on.the.head.with.guitar.and.then.matrix-kiss scene (IN FULL LENGTH) (0:10-0:30). Also the concept (flcl gets rickrolled i guess) sometimes worked pretty fine like 0:30-1:00 or 2:15-2:45 but most of the time you seem to really not care about it by just filling up the timeline with random (also mostly overused) action-scenes from flcl instead of trying to continue with this intresting concept. Well this is what it looks to me.

So yeah this could have been so much more but in the end it's just another flcl amv.
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

w00d00
Org Profile

Post by w00d00 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Yeah, FLCL is a 'bit overused, but I can't do anything, that's my favourite (and first) anime, and I'm a huge fan. I have almost all the merch, but anyway...
Cenit wrote:girl.crashes.in.boy.with.motorcycle.hits.him.on.the.head.with.guitar.and.then.matrix-kiss scene (IN FULL LENGTH) (0:10-0:30).
Yeah. The idea was, when the video starts, I mix the most well-known part of FLCL, with Nirvana's Smell Like Teen Spirit, and starts like a bad-edited AMW. :wink:
Cenit wrote:but most of the time you seem to really not care about it by just filling up the timeline with random (also mostly overused) action-scenes from flcl instead of trying to continue with this intresting concept. Well this is what it looks to me.
Nice! I really did that. I get tired at the end of the video, and I tried to finish this AMV faster. I'm too lazy. :3 And I didn't want to cut the music, so, that's the story so far... :)

Anyway, thanks for your opinion, I agreed with it.

Shinz
Org Profile

Post by Shinz » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:44 pm

I must say that FLCL is not overused. From my point overused anime, only overused when its came up with an alrdy used conception. Hate me or not, i think a Naruto,Bleach,Death Note,FLCL amv can be unique as the others. Originality is depending on the editor's creativity not on the used anime. If that AMV would be an "another FLCL amv" i could say that FLCL is overused. In that case it is not overused. (Ofc its my personal OP).

About the AMV:
Maybe the second half is a little bit boring, and the song is a little bit annoying but well, its 3.5/5 from me. :)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:29 am

Cenit wrote:For the good points output quality was fine, editing was mostly ok and basically the concept was fine as well.

But

FLCL is overused! Yes it is.
Ouch.

Should I delete the FLCL video I'm working now?

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:36 pm

Of course not, don't listen to cenit. Even if something is overused, who gives a shit. It's how you present it.

w00d00
Org Profile

Post by w00d00 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:14 am

Fluorescences wrote:Should I delete the FLCL video I'm working now?
Yes, of course.
NerdStrudel wrote:Even if something is overused, who gives a shit. It's how you present it.
:up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”