Fate/Eternal Inferno

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Millenium Strife
Org Profile

Post by Millenium Strife » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:14 pm

Posted the new version of the AMV, sans Guitars and some other things. Check the first post for information on that. =p

-MS

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:20 pm

If you are interested, your video has been reviewed here. We gave it 7.75/10.00

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:04 pm

CodeChrono wrote:If you are interested, your video has been reviewed here. We gave it 7.75/10.00
I read through the review, and since you guys seemed to be wondering, that pac-man sound is on the original track. It's the guitarist muting the strings over the higher frets and running the whammy bar across the strings. Can be seen here, if you care. It's a pointless video, but I found it a long time ago and the pac-man sound is the first thing in the video.

And to be on topic, I enjoyed this video, especially the updated version. And as weird as it may seem in the video, I have to admit the pac-man bit made me lol. 4.25/5
Keep it up. :)

EDIT: I also just wanted to say, good job cutting down the song. Some of the cuts may have been a bit easy to pick out, but this would definitely be a little tricky to cut. I think 7 1/2 minutes of this would have been a bit excessive anyway, lol. ;)
... yea ...

Oli.C
Org Profile

Post by Oli.C » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:05 am

I thought this video was pretty kick ass though my eyes started losing the plot halfway through. You've heard it before but those RL guitar solo captions were far too distracting - being a guitarist myself I soon became far too interested in those than the main AMV itself :?. Overall quite entertaining and I certain applaud the effort put into this piece!

Well done :up: 4/5
Last edited by Oli.C on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lockstock
Squirrel Boy
Org Profile

Post by Lockstock » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:40 am

There were some really well edited sections in this video, however, the flow of the video was inconsistent to the music. Having said that, it is power metal and power metal isn't really the best kind of music for AMVs if attempted like you have.

It just kinda irked me that some sections you'd do fast clip changes to the beats and then you'd jump back and forth between long clips and short clips with no reference to the music or timings.

Also, I downloaded the guitar solo ones and was pretty appalled by their inclusion (as well as the chibi clip). Glad to see you released a fixed version :up:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:55 am

LivingFlame wrote:I read through the review, and since you guys seemed to be wondering, that pac-man sound is on the original track.
Ah. I wasn't aware, since I don't have Dragonforce's album. :O

Thanks for the info though.

neorose
Org Profile

Post by neorose » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:14 am

Who needs AMP energy drink just watch that vid aaahhhh!

Um ya the only good thing about FSN was that it was a very pretty to look at show and is a great source footage for AMVs. Also the second version of your vid is better, the hole guitar thing is distracting from whats going on. I kinda like the Pac Man thing it throws a little levity into this hard core action vid. I agree mostly on what has been said bout the song cuts and edits done but all in all I liked it and would probably give it a 4/5.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:52 am

Amazing AMV, looks at the edit version, it was brilliant, every elaborated well second of action, for the majestic edition, the concept is good and the humor also is perfect to surprise my friends!!! ... good AMV, good work!!! :wink:

5/5 :wink:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:31 pm

I watched the non-guitar version and it was pretty asskick. Good job. |:
Hi.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Overall I pretty much enjoyed it, some sections were an excellent fit. It had a number of issues that dragged it down quite a bit (no, not only the PacSaber).
For that reason, op'd :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”