Seeking feedback on my AMVs

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Nukem
Org Profile

Seeking feedback on my AMVs

Post by Nukem » Sun May 26, 2024 11:52 pm

So I hope I am doing this correctly. I've been making AMVs for a while but found out about this forum far too late (my own stupid fault) and have had very little luck with getting much feedback on Youtube. I was hoping to hear from a like minded community who might be more open to giving me like actual feedback. Please let me know which ones you liked or disliked (if any), I appreciate any taking the time to check out my work:

Title: Lovers from Japan
Song name: "Lovers in Japan (Osaka Remix)"
Artist: Coldplay
Footage used: Various

Title: We Are Number One (Anime Villains Tribute)
Song name: We are Number One (Living Tombstone Remix)
Artist: Stefan Karl Stefansson (Cast of Lazy Town)

Title: Welcome to the Anime Parade
Song name: Welcome to the Black Parade
Artist: My Chemical Romance
*Special note: This one won "best local" at ACEN 2023 and came in second place for best freestyle and best showcase. Won first place in "Best experimental" at Conneticon 2023.*

Title: Dance is Good, Yah?
Song name: I'm Good (Blue)
Artist: David Guetta and Bebe Rexha

Title: Phantom Calls
Song name: Return of the Phantom Stranger
Artist: Rob Zombie
*Horror Entry in ACEN 2024's AMV contest*
"I'm probably doing something weird right now."

ProstrateConstantly
Org Profile

Re: Seeking feedback on my AMVs

Post by ProstrateConstantly » Mon May 27, 2024 11:00 pm

It's clear you got an exceptional grasp on editing, and your video Phantom Calls is the coolest vid I've seen in a while! I love vids that play it loose and mysterious with the lyrical syncs n shot sequencing and that one has that in spades!! We need more AMVs not afraid to be more elusive, and your astutely used effects all lead to it feeling like this murky, freaky lil thing!! Please keep making such cool stuff!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”