FLCL: noise (AWA Accolades entry)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

FLCL: noise (AWA Accolades entry)

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:01 am

I began editing this sometime in 2022 (mostly just the part at 0:13 with the multiple screens moving sideways) then didn't touch it until late July this year. The idea of making a FLCL amv with Melt-Banana was something that had been floating in my head for about a year or two. Their brand of chaotic noise and punk with tiny ferocious barking dog vocals really lends itself well to the craziness of Haruko and FLCL, which happens to be one of my top-10 favorite animes. I ended up picking my favorite Melt-Banana track, and had originally planned on using the whole 4-minute song.. until I was about a quarter of the way editing it and realized I wasn't going to have enough raw footage to make it look the way I wanted it.. so I trimmed it down by almost half the runtime. The version I sent to accolades was a completed AMV, but more of a rough-draft (I never send fully "polished" videos to these types of contests) so the version I uploaded to youtube is pretty much the same video, just a bit more polished.

Volume/Photosensitivity warning!!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”