FMAB - Tortured Sins

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kazemon15
Org Profile

FMAB - Tortured Sins

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Happy FMA day, everyone. I decided to upload this here because of the date. I hope you enjoy.

This AMV was in a year of making. I started this last year after rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and wanted to do an AMV of it. My friend suggested this song and this was the result. I was actually really proud of it, and wanted to show it off at some conventions, but every one I sent it to, it got rejected. I was debating if I wanted to upload it at all, and decided in the end to finally do so.

I tried to get the feel of the song and every character in the series. I also kind of cheated and used one clip from the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: FMAB - Tortured Sins

Post by seasons » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Were these conventions ridiculously competitive ones? I can't imagine why this would be rejected, it's very well edited and technically solid. Did they just not to feature a six minute-long AMV in their contest?

I'm not a big fan of this song but I can't deny how well it fits with the anime, both in terms of theme and emotional tone. There was nothing here that stuck out as an obvious weak point or creative misstep, the AMV held my interest for the whole time and reminded me of what I loved most about this series. Maybe I never really felt like I was getting anything new out of this AMV that I hadn't already out of past Full Metal Alchemist videos, which isn't to say that I demand some quirky twist on the story or the characters or whatever, it just felt like a very well done version of a certain sort of video I've seen many times before.

That said, there's just enough pleasantly surprising moments in this to keep it buoyant and enjoyable in a way that big, epic, serious FMA videos often just aren't for me. Nice job, above all I mean that and I don't want to leave you with the impression that I was let down by this or anything because that's certainly not the case.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Re: FMAB - Tortured Sins

Post by Kazemon15 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm

seasons wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:32 pm
Were these conventions ridiculously competitive ones? I can't imagine why this would be rejected, it's very well edited and technically solid. Did they just not to feature a six minute-long AMV in their contest?

I'm not a big fan of this song but I can't deny how well it fits with the anime, both in terms of theme and emotional tone. There was nothing here that stuck out as an obvious weak point or creative misstep, the AMV held my interest for the whole time and reminded me of what I loved most about this series. Maybe I never really felt like I was getting anything new out of this AMV that I hadn't already out of past Full Metal Alchemist videos, which isn't to say that I demand some quirky twist on the story or the characters or whatever, it just felt like a very well done version of a certain sort of video I've seen many times before.

That said, there's just enough pleasantly surprising moments in this to keep it buoyant and enjoyable in a way that big, epic, serious FMA videos often just aren't for me. Nice job, above all I mean that and I don't want to leave you with the impression that I was let down by this or anything because that's certainly not the case.
Thank you. Glad you at least enjoyed it. I tried both small and big cons and made sure the cap was 6 mins, which was in the rules as the cap for the ones I sent them to. I think I tried about 6 cons, 3 big, 3 small before retiring it. I just have this habit of not wanting to flood cons with the same AMV over and over. ^^

This was the first time I edited FMAB, so I wanted to just tell the story with the seriousness of the song. I know other AMVs have a similar tone, but none used this song and I felt this song fit it nicely, plus it was new for myself as I never edited it before. Thanks again. ^^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”