Looking for advice on AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Takashen
Org Profile

Looking for advice on AMV

Post by Takashen » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Wanting to know what I can work on to improve it and other videos in the future. This is my first try at making a AMV. I did other videos to bit I am not sure if I am making them correctly.

Last edited by Takashen on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Looking for advice on AMV

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:02 am

Welcome to the Org! The rules of announcing videos in the "AMV Announcement forum" require you to catalog your video first. So please do that as soon as possible :D . If you don't know how, here is the FAQ post about it http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2#p1546652

Until then, I'm going to move your thread to the “Awaiting Catalog Entry” forum. And I can move it back once I see that you've done it.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Looking for advice on AMV

Post by seasons » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:05 pm

I don't think you set out to literally use as many different kinds of transitions as you could here, but I did get the feeling that you were experimenting with a new one every chance that you had. I feel like narrowing down your selection to a small handful and using them multiple times throughout the video might help establish visual themes and a sense of style that would help "define" the video, so to speak.

There's some good moments of sync here, in particular throughout the middle third of the video.

I kind of enjoy the loose feeling of this video, which might be lost if you strictly followed every cue in the song without a mind of your own. But there's lots of opportunities to vary up the pace of the editing, sequences where the song builds to the chorus and introduces tension. It kind of sounds like a video looks when the cuts start coming quicker, you know? You don't have to follow that all the time but there's incentive to use it to your advantage when you can.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”