Mob psycho 100 II 「AMV」 Mindflayer

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Mini_tomate
Org Profile

Mob psycho 100 II 「AMV」 Mindflayer

Post by Mini_tomate » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Video: Mob psycho 100 II 「AMV」 Mindflayer | Mob vs Mogami
Category: Action, Comedy, Life recounts, Supernatural.
Anime: Mob psycho 100 II
Song: Mindflayer
Artist: Becko
Creator: Mini tomate

This is my first time posting in this forum and this is my 4th AMV. So enjoy it and let me know in what to improove!

I hope I've got everything right in this post.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Mob psycho 100 II 「AMV」 Mindflayer

Post by seasons » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:50 pm

You've got the right idea, but before posting any new AMVs in this forum, there needs to be an entry for them in the Org catalog.

You can create a new entry starting here.

After you make an entry for this and respond in this thread, we'll move this thread back into the announcements forum.

Mini_tomate
Org Profile

Post by Mini_tomate » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:10 pm

seasons wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:50 pm
You've got the right idea, but before posting any new AMVs in this forum, there needs to be an entry for them in the Org catalog.

You can create a new entry starting here.

After you make an entry for this and respond in this thread, we'll move this thread back into the announcements forum.
I've submited the info of this AMV in my profile.
Let me know if something is missing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:05 pm

I enjoyed the second half of this more than the first, there's some excellent moments of sync and the scenes tend to lend themselves better to the tone of the song.

I've always found my enjoyment of EDM songs that have big drops in them to be directly related to how much the song "earns" the feeling of release that comes with that moment. This song rushes into the drop faster than anything I've ever heard, barely giving you a chance to build up any sense of anticipation or tension. You match some of the cues in it really well, but the sense of anticipation, the conversion of potential energy into kinetic energy, doesn't really have time to establish itself. The editing is solid and clean. I appreciated the simple cuts and lack of effects. It's really nice to see someone debuting here with a full length AMV instead of a 30-second loop of preset transitions and motion effects, and to see that it's actually a very consistent AMV from beginning to end.

I bring up the song and how I perceive it as a limiting factor of what you were able to do here with the tools and talent that you have. On the other hand, this video was editing with a single episode, and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that any of the scenes here are shown out of the order that they played out in the episode. If you ever decide to juggle clips from an episode and arrange them into new shapes, or to get clips from various episodes, I think you could make something really interesting and even more creative. Having just watching this episode in particular, the experience of watching this AMV felt less surprising than it probably should have, maybe more like an episode summary than an editor's unique interpretation of their feelings about the anime they're editing with.

I also realize that many viewers love this approach, and their preferences aren't wrong. So I'd say make whatever you enjoy most, but I'd definitely encourage you to eventually edit something more like a collage that puts a new spin on things.

Mini_tomate
Org Profile

Post by Mini_tomate » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:40 pm

seasons wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:05 pm
I enjoyed the second half of this more than the first, there's some excellent moments of sync and the scenes tend to lend themselves better to the tone of the song.

I've always found my enjoyment of EDM songs that have big drops in them to be directly related to how much the song "earns" the feeling of release that comes with that moment. This song rushes into the drop faster than anything I've ever heard, barely giving you a chance to build up any sense of anticipation or tension. You match some of the cues in it really well, but the sense of anticipation, the conversion of potential energy into kinetic energy, doesn't really have time to establish itself. The editing is solid and clean. I appreciated the simple cuts and lack of effects. It's really nice to see someone debuting here with a full length AMV instead of a 30-second loop of preset transitions and motion effects, and to see that it's actually a very consistent AMV from beginning to end.

I bring up the song and how I perceive it as a limiting factor of what you were able to do here with the tools and talent that you have. On the other hand, this video was editing with a single episode, and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that any of the scenes here are shown out of the order that they played out in the episode. If you ever decide to juggle clips from an episode and arrange them into new shapes, or to get clips from various episodes, I think you could make something really interesting and even more creative. Having just watching this episode in particular, the experience of watching this AMV felt less surprising than it probably should have, maybe more like an episode summary than an editor's unique interpretation of their feelings about the anime they're editing with.

I also realize that many viewers love this approach, and their preferences aren't wrong. So I'd say make whatever you enjoy most, but I'd definitely encourage you to eventually edit something more like a collage that puts a new spin on things.
Hello, I'm glad you liked my AMV and give me your feedback.

But I haven't just put some scenes and completed my AMV, I actually put a lot of effects that you won't noticed, like in evey scene of the AMV I make it pop more the colors, add more HUE, saturation and contrast. Also in some scenes I've added some camera movements (for example: zoom in, zoom out, etc.).
All of this was just to make the AMV more dynamic and less boring.

Well, this effects you can't notice it at the first glance, but it seems to go naturally with the anime that you won't notice it.
This time I've focused to practice a little more with the color, hue, saturation and contrast.

For the full effects and stuff that I've done to this AMV you can go here (you will need to translate it because it's in spanish) and see what I've done in full detail.

Probably with the next AMV that I'll do is to play with more scenes and episodes (in non-linear mode that I've done with this one).

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:47 pm

It's possible that the effects added to my enjoyment of the video without me noticing them...

That's probably a good sign.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”