Besotten (Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 GMV)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Besotten (Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 GMV)

Post by SQ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Just a tribute to the best game series of all time. ;P

It's kind of fun though, so maybe people unfamiliar with the games will like it. :shrug:

Special thanks to Seasons and Replay.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Besotten (Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 GMV)

Post by Mol » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:31 pm

Don't know this game , looks like it has some decent story, not so sure about gameplay tho xd. Anyway not bad vid
Still better than that MMO.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Early drafts of this seemed really messy but the finished product is pretty darn sharp looking.

Upbeat concept/song initially seemed at odds with the dark tone of this game and the overall look of the visuals but this very quickly settles into a nice groove and feels pretty natural.

AMVAR
Org Profile

Post by AMVAR » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am

Always had an eye on the series but never got the chance to play it.
Watching it makes me feels it could be part of the game, like the movie that plays when you stay on the title screen for too long hehe. Congrats!

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:17 pm

Mol wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:31 pm
Don't know this game , looks like it has some decent story, not so sure about gameplay tho xd. Anyway not bad vid
Thanks!
The gameplay is standard JRPG fare, except the battle system, which has a "judgement ring" which tends to be a love/hate thing with players. Personally I love it, I think it's interesting and brings in a different type of skill to battles. In Shadow Hearts 2 there's also a combo system which I never got the hang of but was apparently lauded also.
seasons wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:03 pm
Early drafts of this seemed really messy but the finished product is pretty darn sharp looking.

Upbeat concept/song initially seemed at odds with the dark tone of this game and the overall look of the visuals but this very quickly settles into a nice groove and feels pretty natural.
Haha yeah. I'm glad I stuck it out, although a part of me still wants to make a Die Another Day video.
Thank you for beta testing and dealing with me for so long!
AMVAR wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am
Always had an eye on the series but never got the chance to play it.
Watching it makes me feels it could be part of the game, like the movie that plays when you stay on the title screen for too long hehe. Congrats!
You should give Shadow Hearts: Covenant a go! The original's hard to find, and doesn't hold up in my opinion. SH2 is a direct sequel, but everything that happens in SH1 is covered, so you do not have to have played it (or even know of its existence) to fully appreciate SH2.

As for it being a part of the game, thank you for the compliment! But the games have a MUCH DIFFERENT tone and music choice, plus my video has tons of spoilers in it.
This is one of the title screen videos for Shadow Hearts: Covenant

As an aside, you should definitely check out the OSTs for both games.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”