PonyNote [Otakon 2012 Best in Show]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kousaka
Org Profile

Re: PonyNote [Otakon 2012 Best in Show]

Post by Kousaka » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Really enjoyed the video! ^__^

My brother and I watched it together. I'm a Death Note fan, and he's a MLP fan (yesiknow), so we both enjoyed it immensely. It's really creative!
- used to be iCardioidAMV/Cardioid (decided to hang it up and start anew)

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Rider4Z wrote:Image u haz 5 stars me from
Thank you so much!
iCardioidAMV wrote:Really enjoyed the video! ^__^

My brother and I watched it together. I'm a Death Note fan, and he's a MLP fan (yesiknow), so we both enjoyed it immensely. It's really creative!
Haha aww that's so adorable!! I am glad you both enjoyed it!
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:44 pm

I keep meaning to comment on this but life keeps getting in the way! :evil: Ok I lied, I was just being lazy. D: but at least I gave this a nice bump to the top. =D
l33tmeatwad wrote:Very good execution for an FMV, the execution of mixing the anime and american animation was very well done. As Code said, the visual quality did suffer a little, feel free to ask me on Skype anytime for tips on cleaning up dark/washed out source like death note.

The second part felt a like a different video and was probably not really needed for the impact of the joke. While it was edited decently, it was not as good as the editing in the opening part.
I mainly agree with meatwad about the video. Personally I enjoyed the first part a lot more than the second part because the music was so serious...but yet I still kept laughing. So in a way, it was your editing that made me laugh rather than the song + anime combo in the second half. Which was funny but I found it weird hearing Light with such a girly voice haha. To be honest, aside from the quality of DN, I can't really find any flaws with this video. The technical parts were done extremely well and the custom stuff was just brilliant. <3

Also Light's face at 0:45 = epic. :up: And Lelouch's pony with his Geass and the costume. BWAHAHAHAHA! XD

Yeah to sum it up, I really enjoyed it. Great work! You have such great ideas for comedy, I still remember Moe Moe Rebellion which was also pretty amazing. I can't wait to see what your next comedy video will be like! :mrgreen:

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:55 am

Well, you sure are creative as you want to be, the video is funny, I'll give you these points.
Yeah I do enjoy it...

...But god, there are so many technical issues, it ruins everything to me, instead of being a great vid, it is just a cool vid with nice concept /o/
I mean :
- I 1st suppose you work with AE since I sometimes see a white line on sides of the video indicating you didn't notice you composition wasn't well placed
- Video quality, seriously, we're in 2012, you can find anime with great one which implies : you didn't look for them correctly or you ruined it
- Masks are AWFUL, seriously, the last one with Yagami in his god posture was like "ok here it sounds like a confession : 'my masks do suck, please don't kill me' "
- Talking about masks, generally speaking your effects were not nicely done, I mean, scenes don't seem like a single one once they're mixed which is supposed to be the case
- AUDIO CUTS, my ears were like "omg we're raped" (I won't mention there is a pretty well known vid who was released in Akross using Nalepa remix that I already love... ok I do but it didn't bother me 'cause you did make something different :p)
- Work on your mask/cut/zoom transitions to make them smoother

Well it may sound harsh but if I did take the time to mention all of this it's because your vid was worth it. And if you see it in a good way and want a even more precise review, I have no problem about it

Waiting for your next work which I hope will be as much creative but technically more impressive ;)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”