Six Points For a Headshot

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Haar119
Org Profile

Six Points For a Headshot

Post by Haar119 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 pm

My depressingly bad attempt at making an action amv. I usually make comedy amvs, which really aren't that good to begin with, so watch at your own risk.

I get this strange feeling that I'm going to regret posting this.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: Six Points For a Headshot

Post by irriadin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Couple things to note here:

* I'm not a fan of the subtitle track. I know you added it yourself, and adding the actual lyrics in your video CAN work, but it needs to be much more dynamic. This implementation is just a distraction.
* The inclusion of the opening contained credits.
* My main gripe is that there's really no story and I don't feel the action sync is good enough to carry the video by itself. I didn't feel any connection to the characters and it kinda felt like a fight montage to music at times.
* I did laugh at the very end.

My suggestions for you:
* Edit more! High energy songs generally need shorter clips.
* While there are certainly some great action AMV's with little to no coherency save "ZOMG FIGHTS" the best ones also have a type of overarching theme or nonverbal narrative. I couldn't really grasp any kind of coherent message from this one except "here are some of the fights from the series."

Haar119
Org Profile

Re: Six Points For a Headshot

Post by Haar119 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:46 pm

irriadin wrote:I couldn't really grasp any kind of coherent message from this one except "here are some of the fights from the series."
I was going for the "work together to survive" thing here, but I can see how people would miss that.(I made this video months before I actually knew what I was doing.) I appreciate your feedback. I'll keep your advice in mind.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”