Kobato + One more: Digimon MEP!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
User avatar
Kazemon15
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 9:28 pm
Status: Reborn! Fanatic
Location: AMV Freak, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Kobato + One more: Digimon MEP!

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Image




My first time doing romance! Let's see if I succeeded or not. :D

A while ago, I heard this song in Kenzichu's Duet With Me AMV and I absolutely fell in love with it. I wanted to AMV it myself but lacked a good anime, so after a while, I just gave up.

It was then I decided to marathon Kobato. I was going to avoid it after what happened with Tsubasa and didn't want to be disappointed again, but all my other friends seem to really like it, so I said why not?

After I finished, I thought it was very cute... and then I remembered the song Two is Better Than One and instantly had ideas for it....so...here it is. Enjoy.

Special thanks to all my friends who helped me with this.

Edit:


Image


New MEP uploaded!

Directed by my friend moezy-chan. Enjoy. XD



Realized about a week ago, that the Digimon Memorial was coming up, and wanted to make an amv for it, but I knew I wouldn't be finished in time, before the 3 day memorial was up. Asked my friend Kaze if she wanted to do a collab with me and she agreed. We needed a song, so she asked her friend Hagaren for one. Once he realized that we were doing it for Digimon, he insisted on joining us XD We originally intended to to split the children in half, Kaze gets 4, and I get 4, but once Hagaren decided on joining, we needed one more member, so we would each get 2 children, so Kaze asked her friend Ally if she'd join us as well. So, now for the legistics of the MEP XD

Part 1: 0 - 0:51
User: Allykatavr
Characters: Sora, Mimi

Part 2: 0:51 - 1:42
User: Kazemon15
Characters: Jyou (Joe) , Taichi (Tai)

Part 3: 1:42 - 2:33
User: moezychan
Characters: Takeru (TK) , Hikari (Kari)

Part 4: 2:33 - 3:25 (end) & Credits
User: HagarenViper
Characters: Yamato (Matt) , Koushiro (Izzy)
Last edited by Kazemon15 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Megamom
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:05 pm
Status: Old Forces
Location: Costa Rica
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by Megamom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:27 pm

This AMV was really beautiful... this make me remember the good times Kobato!

5/5... :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 pm

One of my fav songs? YOU BETTER NOT DISSAPOINT!

User avatar
gotenks794
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:39 pm
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by gotenks794 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 pm

I was hooked from the "...and I thought 'hey' *cocks head*" :up: :up: :up: :up:
Image
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

User avatar
Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:39 pm
Location: OC
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by Tearx » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:11 am

hmm the theme was cute, but I wasn't a big fan of the editing; Blurs and quick black fades really ruined the atmosphere, also seemed like you concentrated on syncing stuff more than the mood. Good effort though ^^
Image

User avatar
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 am

I think 0:00-0:23 was a little too fast paced with all the blurs and quick black fades there, I think a slower buildup would have set the mood better but afterwards it was great! :up:

But it was adorable anyway and I really enjoyed it! ^^ 5/5 from me! <3
Image

User avatar
Chiiisus
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 am
Status: Turtle Creeping.
Location: London
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by Chiiisus » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:30 am

AimoAio wrote:I think 0:00-0:23 was a little too fast paced with all the blurs and quick black fades there, I think a slower buildup would have set the mood better but afterwards it was great! :up:

But it was adorable anyway and I really enjoyed it! ^^ 5/5 from me! <3
Pretty much this. The fact that it was Kobato made it extra awesome too *o* <3
Rawr desu <3

User avatar
Kazemon15
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 9:28 pm
Status: Reborn! Fanatic
Location: AMV Freak, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by Kazemon15 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:56 pm

Megamom wrote:This AMV was really beautiful... this make me remember the good times Kobato!

5/5... :up:
^_^ Thanks, glad you liked it.

Thanks for checking it out!
CodeZTM wrote:One of my fav songs? YOU BETTER NOT DISSAPOINT!
So...did I disappoint or not? :P
gotenks794 wrote:I was hooked from the "...and I thought 'hey' *cocks head*" :up: :up: :up: :up:
Yay! :D

Thanks so much. ^^
Tearx wrote:hmm the theme was cute, but I wasn't a big fan of the editing; Blurs and quick black fades really ruined the atmosphere, also seemed like you concentrated on syncing stuff more than the mood. Good effort though ^^
Yeah I have a hard time to know what to sync to. But thanks for checking it out. I'll try more on the mood next time. =3

Thanks for checking it out!
Chiiisus wrote:
Pretty much this. The fact that it was Kobato made it extra awesome too *o* <3
Yay! XD Thanks.

Btw, I loved your Taking Chances video, too! ^^

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:40 am

Well, I knew I'd be cursed watching this, because Kenzichu made a video that I ADORE with the same song.

On its own merits, it's very enjoyable and makes me really wanna check out the anime because there's something so cute about this couple that really makes me want to go into a fanboy squee. O_o

1) I think the whole AMV is paced just a tad too fast the whole way through. I dunno. I think the song calls for more lyric sync than beat sync, and it seems like there was a lot of scenes crammed in. The rule "more is less" kind of applies. xD
2) That being said, I think the ending was paced pretty well, I just wish that the beat sync had been hit more often than not. :D
3) Black fades. >:O [Me no likey, but it's a personal vendetta]
4) More focus on hitting the "feel" of the song rather than the beat might have been a better thing to work with. Or lyric/literal sync. In the end, the flow of the AMV was just kind of wanky.

But still, like I said, on its own merits and me being far less picky, it was still enjoyable, and it's hitting my romance folder. :D

3.75/5

User avatar
Kazemon15
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 9:28 pm
Status: Reborn! Fanatic
Location: AMV Freak, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kobato - Better Than One

Post by Kazemon15 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Well, I knew I'd be cursed watching this, because Kenzichu made a video that I ADORE with the same song.

On its own merits, it's very enjoyable and makes me really wanna check out the anime because there's something so cute about this couple that really makes me want to go into a fanboy squee. O_o

1) I think the whole AMV is paced just a tad too fast the whole way through. I dunno. I think the song calls for more lyric sync than beat sync, and it seems like there was a lot of scenes crammed in. The rule "more is less" kind of applies. xD
2) That being said, I think the ending was paced pretty well, I just wish that the beat sync had been hit more often than not. :D
3) Black fades. >:O [Me no likey, but it's a personal vendetta]
4) More focus on hitting the "feel" of the song rather than the beat might have been a better thing to work with. Or lyric/literal sync. In the end, the flow of the AMV was just kind of wanky.

But still, like I said, on its own merits and me being far less picky, it was still enjoyable, and it's hitting my romance folder. :D

3.75/5
Thanks, Code. ^_^

Glad you enjoyed. I guess I was still beat sensitive from my other videos and not hitting the beats were making me wince when I was editing it. XD

Oh and everyone, I just uploaded an MEP, go watch it! =D

Locked

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”