Good deals for After Affects or Premiere

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.
ultimateX021
Org Profile

Good deals for After Affects or Premiere

Post by ultimateX021 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:37 pm

I've seen after affects and Premiere around maybe 500 or 600 at Fry's. Where else could I find these software and what places could possibly have good deals on these video editing programs? :?:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:08 pm

If you're in school (or know somebody in school), look into academic versions of the programs. It's essentially the entire full program for a fraction of the cost. The caveat however is that, if you ever end up using the software for commercial purposes and you're then audited and they find out it's the educational license instead of the commercial license, you can be in some legal hot water (though, probably less hot than if it were a pirated version).
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Try looking for some past versions. I scored Premiere 6.5 a couple years ago for just over $150 (granted it says "Educational" on the CD but came with Premiere 6.0 Classroom in a Book, tutorial CD and Workshop VHS) and After Effects 6.5 Standard for about $200 (Not Educational and with the 6.0 user guide, 6.5 Supplement guide and a Total Training Video Workshop DVD).

Return to “Heads Up!”