any suggestions for a Japan report?

This forum is for general self promotion and the like or just to say "Hello".
LightningCountX
Org Profile

Post by LightningCountX » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:50 pm

i dont know much about japanese history, but i believe the story in samurai x/RK is true in history to some extent....

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:51 pm

LightningCountX wrote:i dont know much about japanese history, but i believe the story in samurai x/RK is true in history to some extent....
Completly right. The Japanese Had A Civil War. Know what it was called? The Japanese Civil War. Congradulations, you get a cookie. |:

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:31 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:
LightningCountX wrote:i dont know much about japanese history, but i believe the story in samurai x/RK is true in history to some extent....
Completly right. The Japanese Had A Civil War. Know what it was called? The Japanese Civil War. Congradulations, you get a cookie. |:
<cough>Boshin War...
:?

Kestryl_dragon_queen
Org Profile

Post by Kestryl_dragon_queen » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:36 pm

ummm, well, i know some people who watch anime love Japan and thus know some interesting things hard to find on the net, SOOOOO i was fishing for facts and no worries, i wont use anime to any harmful/shameful/out-of-context way except to say that Japan has a unique style and the corner on the anime market. :) I promise. Did you know that there are awesome hairpin turns all over Japan that would AWESOME to drive?!?!?!?!?! :twisted:
Kestryl Cypher, Queen of all Dragon-Kind
[img]www.broaderway.com/main/game/
main.html [img]

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:38 pm

Kestryl_dragon_queen wrote: Did you know that there are awesome hairpin turns all over Japan that would AWESOME to drive?!?!?!?!?! :twisted:
That would explain most of those people that tries to perfect their drifts (plus the existance of Initial D).
ImageImage

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:42 pm

Insurance Adjuster: "Now, how did the car go threw the rail and off the cliff?"
Driver: "Well, It was a cool hairpin turn, I wanted to drift around it like they did on Initial D!"
Insurance Adjuster: "Er, yeah, we're gonna need to raise your rates... A LOT."

Kestryl_dragon_queen
Org Profile

Post by Kestryl_dragon_queen » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:05 pm

what?! so i like to drive fast... why do you think my car is sitting in the driveway wrecked? hehehe :oops: well, at least Mike can drive me around sometimes, and he drives FAST!!!! He's the one who showed me the site with the pics of the roads... ah yes i can hear it now... *random voice screams "road trip" with glee* so DOES anyone know anything???? to be more specific, about Japan, besides Perry, Civil war, night clubs, gaishas, technology and strict schools?
Kestryl Cypher, Queen of all Dragon-Kind
[img]www.broaderway.com/main/game/
main.html [img]

Nemoxs
Org Profile

Post by Nemoxs » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:26 pm

Kestryl_dragon_queen wrote:what?! so i like to drive fast... why do you think my car is sitting in the driveway wrecked? hehehe :oops: well, at least Mike can drive me around sometimes, and he drives FAST!!!! He's the one who showed me the site with the pics of the roads... ah yes i can hear it now... *random voice screams "road trip" with glee* so DOES anyone know anything???? to be more specific, about Japan, besides Perry, Civil war, night clubs, gaishas, technology and strict schools?

Yeah... my step dad was born in japan.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:32 pm

I dont' consider anime to be a reflection of life in Japan :?

narcted
Org Profile

Post by narcted » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:43 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:Not many anime characters are made to look asian. It depends on the series. Just because Sailor Moon is popular doesn't mean it's a thing against Asian people. If Naoko Takeuchi decided to make her a blonde haired blue eyed herione then who cares?
The one really good Asian looking anime character, IMHO, was Kanuka Clancy from PatLabor. She's the foreigner American and she's the only member of the cast who looks Asian.

Anime characters are not drawn as Asians in order to better differentiate them. Characters would look pretty boring if they all had black hair and brown eyes.

Which then brings up the question, 'How do you put up a wanted poster or an APB out for a suspect in any Asian country?' "Attention all units, be on the lookout for the Tokyo Strangler. Suspect is described as being a male Asian, black hair, brown eyes, about 154 cm in height. Suspect is to be considered armed and dangerous. Shoot to kill." :shock:
DJ_Izumi wrote:Completly right. The Japanese Had A Civil War. Know what it was called? The Japanese Civil War. Congradulations, you get a cookie. |:
Actually, I would say Japan has had THREE Civil Wars. The war where Hideoshi Iyasu united all of Japan, the war when Tokugawa took power from Hideoshi's son, and finally the Bokumatsu/Meijii Revolution when the Empereor took back power from the Shogun. Might actually be more. My knowledge of Japanese recorded history only goes back to about 1400. And then one could consider the military coup in 1934 as a minor and short lived civil war.

Going back to the original topic of the post, uhm, key word to know in Japanese for your report: supeingo=spanish. And talk about Prime Minister Koizumi or Empereor Akihito. You can't go wrong discussing heads of state. Did you know that a large number of Japanese have immigrated to and have significant influence in Peru? A Prime Minister of Peru was of Japanese descent and was in office when those revolutionist took all those hostages in the Japanese Embassy in Lima a couple of years ago. Just mentioning Tokyo Tower will fulfill your desire to bring in anime without it being blatantly obvious. :)

Return to “It's all about me!”