May I request an upload? ("Big Time")

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Gomenasai!

Post by Scott A Melzer » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:56 am

Heya all...
I just received notice from deathtoyouall (who's a lot nicer than his moniker would indicate) about this thread. Boy, am I embarassed... I haven't been keeping up on AMV matters lately. I've been really hard at work on my group's second fan parody (we're the people who did "This Is Otakudom," if you've heard of it) and it's taking up all my time.
I'm extremely flattered that people are interested my vids and I understand the frustration when you're looking for something and it doesn't exist online, and I apologize for adding to the problem. I've got an extremely crappy connection and no webspace/bandwidth to host my own videos. I honestly don't know much about Anime Music Videos.org's ability to host videos. I'll have to look into that.

However, about the Peter Gabriel one that this thread seems to be about: That video was made with two VCRs (one of which was dying) from old dubbed VHS tapes, so the video quality isn't very good. It was the last video that I made that way before moving to digital. So, at the moment, a digital version of the video doesn't exist. It's not on the CD that I've given out in the past (Sorry MJ!). I now have all of the DVDs necessary to redo the video (use much better source, clean up the timing, etc) which I've done with several of my older videos. I could have done it, but finishing the new parody has been the real priority. It's taken us two years so far and it's still not done! I've received several e-mails asking about it, but none asking about posting my AMVs online, so I didn't think that there was any interest.

My abject apologies. I'll look into a-m-v.org hosting, and I'll try to get the vids that I've got digitally hosted.

Please feel free to e-mail me personally about any concerns or suggestions. I haven't been on the .org very much for the last year. Life, and the parody when there's time, has been very much kicking my ass. A messy breakup and failing business has been usurping all my energy...

Thanks for the kind words and interest. I honestly didn't know that people were actually looking for my stuff any more.

-Scott A Melzer

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:12 am

Scott, if you like you can just send a cd of vids to Phade and he can put them up for you. We're more than happy to have your excellent videos hosted on the org :)

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:02 pm

*blush*

Thanks, Ian! As always, you're a gentleman and a scholar. I'll see if I can find a better way to upload. If not, I'll mail in a CD. Still doesn't solve the problem of videos that I don't have digital! Man, when will this neverending parody project end...

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:58 pm

Scott A Melzer wrote:*blush*

Thanks, Ian! As always, you're a gentleman and a scholar. I'll see if I can find a better way to upload. If not, I'll mail in a CD. Still doesn't solve the problem of videos that I don't have digital! Man, when will this neverending parody project end...
You can try contacting someone who knows how to convert from VHS to DVD. If you lived a bit closer to my country I would've done it for you, but that isn't possible at the moment. -_-
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:25 pm

Ah, that's not the problem at all. I can easily capture my VHS tapes and convert them to MPEG. That's not a problem. It's just that they look like crap. I'd much rather completely redo the video using my DVDs, clean up some of the timing, fix some of the lip-synchs, etc. I wouldn't WANT the old version out there. Yuck!

Return to “General AMV”