Get your damn history straight, people!

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:00 pm

Janzki wrote:Why did they have to butcher such a beautiful piece of music with new lyrics? It's not the same anymore, it's not the same! :cry:
Yea, I do agree.

Of course, if you look at the old lyrics, and consider what historically happened to the state, it comes out as one of the most proposterous pieces of sh#t ever written, but it did sound good.

This, by the way, is the more 'offensive' version that actually mentions Stalin - it was edited a little afterwards, without much change.

The new one is just... blah... it really takes away from probably the greatest anthem there ever was :?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:06 pm

Otohiko wrote:Hah. Hulk and Mr. T.
I'd pay to see that.
Image Image

Simpi
Org Profile

Post by Simpi » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:26 pm

Otohiko wrote:
Yea, I do agree.

Of course, if you look at the old lyrics, and consider what historically happened to the state, it comes out as one of the most proposterous pieces of sh#t ever written, but it did sound good.

This, by the way, is the more 'offensive' version that actually mentions Stalin - it was edited a little afterwards, without much change.

The new one is just... blah... it really takes away from probably the greatest anthem there ever was :?
I actually have this one on my Winamp, performed by Red army choir of course. Sounds great!

I can also recommend theme from 'Hunt For Red October'.
After a good start it sort of of dies down though...

Anyway, Suuri ja Mahtava Eurostoliitto, eikös vaan Janzki?
"Finland is an acquired taste -

- Mike Pondsmith -

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:30 pm

Kirbyoto wrote:Isn't the internet fun, boys and girls? All the exciting things to learn.

Me, I want the US to take over the world. Then we'd blow up France!

And the national anthem should be the Imperial March. Stupid liberals trying to stop our crushings of smaller countries.

I mean, we won...lots of things! Shouldn't we celebrate it? Instead, we put ourselves at the mercy of the UN, who's all whiny and stuff.

Note: I am not being sarcastic. Seriously.
What's the phrase, "With great power, comes great responsibility"? If we started acting like we owned everything, other countries would team up on us, and beat the shit out of us. Best thing we could do in that sitaution is use Nukes and that would only lead to Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD). *For those of you not familiar with the term, it means when we use nukes, our opponent or their allies will launch their nukes at us*

NO matter how powerful you think we are, we still must obide to rules. The same goes for other countries. These rules ensure that total chaos doesn't break out.

We should be more worried about how messed up our country is then going out and messing with others and wasting money in the process. Unemployment is a major issue that is killing us at the moment.
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Kirbyoto
Org Profile

Post by Kirbyoto » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:41 pm

THUS we should launch ALL our nukes while at the SAME TIME we all move to Mars!

Or something.
You know what? I don't even care anymore.

d00kiemastah
Org Profile

Post by d00kiemastah » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:21 pm

Kirbyoto wrote:THUS we should launch ALL our nukes while at the SAME TIME we all move to Mars!

Or something.
:!:
[img]http://www.thirdlensopen.com/AMV/childr ... banner.gif[/img]
Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!

Toecutter
Org Profile

Post by Toecutter » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:06 am

If the CIA were smart, they'd sneak a briefcase nuke into one of North Korea's nuclear weapons plants. Once detonated, we'd have two advantages:

1. The enemy would have a greatly reduced manufacturing capacity for the development of ballistic missiles, for both nuclear and bio/chemical weapons.

2. The nuclear blast would appear to be the result of unsafe weapons development, making the UN weapons inspectors permanently shut down any North Korean WMD development, for the safety of the civilian population. This would erradicate one Red nation from the MAD list, greatly reducing the risk of a counterattack.

That's how you win the Cold War. We use the domineering cutthroats in the UN to our advantage, and then start up another Arms Race. Like Reagan did before, a Third Arms Race would bankrupt every remaining nuclear-equipped nation in the world, giving us a ridiculous advantage.
GoatMan
was here!

Simpi
Org Profile

Post by Simpi » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:21 am

Toecutter wrote: That's how you win the Cold War. We use the domineering cutthroats in the UN to our advantage, and then start up another Arms Race. Like Reagan did before, a Third Arms Race would bankrupt every remaining nuclear-equipped nation in the world, giving us a ridiculous advantage.
Oh, so now UN is good for something after all?

As for smuggling things into North Korea, good luck. What do you think would be the consequences when his CIA operative is caught with this briefcase nuke.

Ooopsie...we were going to start a nuclear war and now everybody knows it. To balance things out a bit, we even gave North Koreans a free nuke.

But hey, accidents happens! Next time we'll be more careful....
"Finland is an acquired taste -

- Mike Pondsmith -

Chao
Org Profile

Post by Chao » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:18 am

Of course that's ignoring the fact that even if it succeded they would be able to work out it was America. Firstly getting nuclear material to explode is very difficult, doing it by accident would be nigh on impossible. If anything went wrong, chances are the bomb would do almost nothing, just be a dud. Everything must happen precisely to keep the material together long enough for the reaction to release enough energy, if there was a tiny mistake in the process then it would fling itself apart before too big an explosion happened. Suspicion would be that the bomb was not North Korean due to the unlikely chances of it going off like that.

Secondly the amounts of trace minerals in the uranium/plutonium is usually quite distinctive and batches of it can easily be traced. The UN would run a check on it to see where it came from, which would point directly at America.

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:57 pm

well what about a "accidental Crashing " of a Korean 747 into the weapons plant, just brainwash a couple north korean's into doing it. :D
END OF LINE
Once king of noobs...now king nothing!!

Return to “General Off Topic”