cant import video [in Vegas]

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Blackwood
Org Profile

Post by Blackwood » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:12 am

OK, I'm sure this makes me a total idiot, but...... :oops:
I can't find the "streams" tab in virtualdub, and when I try using it to open the file, I get an error message that says that it "requires a video for windows compatable codec to decompress the video". I have figured out that the files I'm trying to use are Xvid avi, if that helps at all. :?: :?: :?: :oops: :oops:

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:27 am

The "Streams" tab should at the top of the window in Virtual Dub, with "File" and "Edit" and all those tabs. Of course, I use VirtualDubMod, so there may not be a "Streams" tab in regular Virtual Dub.

As for your codec problem, simply download the XviD codec.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:30 am

in virtualdub, it's audio-wav audio. (to add an audio stream...otherwise it's just audio-no audio)
in virtualDubMod, it's streams-stream list (click add to add a stream, and click the speaker icon if you want to de-activate an audio stream...but there must be a video stream muxed with an audio stream to do this)

if you don't have xvid...then you'll have a hard time viewing xvid encoded video :roll:
http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

Blackwood
Org Profile

Post by Blackwood » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:58 pm

Cool! Thanks, guys, I'll give that a try.

Sorry that it takes me so long to reply, but my mother's been ill for about a month now and has just come out of the hospital after being in there over a week, so I've been doing other things just lately.

She started blood thinners on a Fri, the doc says "make sure she doesn't hit her head". Sunday morning, she fell out of bed and hit her head on the hard wood floor! Blood everywhere!! Rushed her to the hospital, and she came home the next afternoon, but then a week later she had pains in her leg and I had to rush her back to the ER. After being in hospital for more than a week, they let her out but still don't know what's causing the pains!!

Real life, sometimes it's a royal pain!! LOL! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”