I am clueless regarding my XFX Geforce 4 Ti4200 card

dbz_doomrider
Org Profile

I am clueless regarding my XFX Geforce 4 Ti4200 card

Post by dbz_doomrider » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:26 pm

Let me explain my dilemma:

I have in front of my 3 cords:

The first cord is a cord that has two yellow ends, it is a very long cord as well. Each end has a portruding long part.

The next cord I have here is a very short cord. One end is yellow, and has a wide open hole, the other end is black and it has an arrow pointing towards that very end of the cord. There are three lines made in the wire near the arrow, and there is a designed inside to the black part

The final cord I have here is a fairly short cord with one black end that has an arrow, and three wires coming out: one says "S video out" one says "Video In" and one says "video out"

Can you please tell me What this all means? I don't know where each of these wires connects to....thanks I would REALLY appreciate as much information as you can give me, including what this should look like for me to capture (I have a dvd player, vcr, and tv, the vcr is what I wish to capture from).

From a technologically impaired amv creator.

PS: It did -not- come with instructions, and there is -no- phone number

Sinime
Org Profile

Post by Sinime » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:25 am

The first cord is a cord that has two yellow ends, it is a very long cord as well. Each end has a portruding long part.
- Standard composite video cable used to go from VCR to computer (video in) or computer (video out) to VCR/TV
The next cord I have here is a very short cord. One end is yellow, and has a wide open hole, the other end is black and it has an arrow pointing towards that very end of the cord. There are three lines made in the wire near the arrow, and there is a designed inside to the black part
- DVI to analog adapter (You probably don't need this unless you plan to use 2 monitors - keep for possible future use) Just plug your monitor into the only spot it fits
The final cord I have here is a fairly short cord with one black end that has an arrow, and three wires coming out: one says "S video out" one says "Video In" and one says "video out"
- the “one black end” plugs into the video card, “S video out” or “Video Out” would plug into a VCR’s input to record to VHS or to a TV’s input to watch everything on TV, and “Video in” would come from a VCR/TV/Camcorder/DVD composite video out.

I would say RTFM, but I know GeForce manuals are about as good as Toilet paper. Mine had a one page amendment folded and placed inside the manual to inform me of the VIVO features, but not how to hook up or even what prog to use for capture. Fairly obvious though if you’ve been there before

dbz_doomrider
Org Profile

Post by dbz_doomrider » Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:53 pm

For the third cord with the three extensions, do you literally have to have the vcr right behind the computer, because this is pretty damn short?

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:35 pm

no, you need to get a male to male s-video cord. they are like 5 bucks at your local radio shack.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Return to “Hardware Discussion”