[First AMV] Teenage Hell

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
NemoSperry
Org Profile

[First AMV] Teenage Hell

Post by NemoSperry » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:07 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=48638

My first AMV uploaded to your servers. Video is "Sukeban Deka" set to Nightwish's "Planet Hell". Opinions appreciated; flames not accepted.

Hope the video is not too intense...it's effin' metal! NIGHTWISH RULES! \m/
"Kajino Rei found me in a spider hole in Iraq, and all Dubya gave her was a broken Oreo."

bubblehead
Org Profile

Post by bubblehead » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:12 am

^_^; Actually, the song is alot less intense than I remember it being.

And, um, the video was interlaced (that's where those gross horizontal lines come from. You can fix that).

As to how the video was... well, intensity only works if it's consistently well-synched to the music. This wasn't. Also, some of the visuals were more funny than intense, especially when combined with the music ("a million children fighting"). Not that funny though.

I don't really like this one. Sorry.
My DVDs
http://www.google.co.jp>http://www.google.com
President of the Sequoia High School anime club!
I have a forum now. O.o Rabid Catgirl

NemoSperry
Org Profile

Post by NemoSperry » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:22 pm

Ouch. Hard to starboard. :shock:

Can't please everyone, I suppose. :roll:
"Kajino Rei found me in a spider hole in Iraq, and all Dubya gave her was a broken Oreo."

NemoSperry
Org Profile

Post by NemoSperry » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:00 am

Also, to anyone who just up and hates this video (much like our friend bubblehead has), I have one simple piece of advice to bounce back at you...

Praise and constructive criticism accepted. Snobbery, cynicism, elitism, and overall hateful douchebaggery, again, is not.

Anyone else?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:09 am

NemoSperry wrote:Also, to anyone who just up and hates this video (much like our friend bubblehead has), I have one simple piece of advice to bounce back at you...

<b>Praise and constructive criticism accepted.</b> Snobbery, cynicism, elitism, and overall hateful douchebaggery, again, is not.
What Bubblehead said <i>was</i> constructive criticism. :?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

NemoSperry
Org Profile

Post by NemoSperry » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:11 am

Scintilla wrote:
NemoSperry wrote:Also, to anyone who just up and hates this video (much like our friend bubblehead has), I have one simple piece of advice to bounce back at you...

<b>Praise and constructive criticism accepted.</b> Snobbery, cynicism, elitism, and overall hateful douchebaggery, again, is not.
I'm afraid I know flaming, hateful, cynical elitism when I see it. You fail. :P

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:28 am

NemoSperry wrote:
Scintilla wrote:

I'm afraid I know flaming, hateful, cynical elitism when I see it. You fail. :P
no one here has outright flamed your video. s/he said s/he didnt like, s/he listed reasons why s/he didnt like it. Thats his/her opinion.

if there had been no reason why s/he came out and talked bad about your video, then i would understand.

cheez
Org Profile

Post by cheez » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:29 am

No, actually, it was constructive criticism. Apparently you just can't handle the fact that somebody really didn't like your video. He pointed out exactly what he didn't like and he didn't flame you in the least. Maybe you should try learning from that instead of tagging it "snobbery."

Your little "if you hate my video, just go kill yourself" reply, however, struck me as extremely lame and elitist.

NemoSperry
Org Profile

Post by NemoSperry » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:33 am

Well, then I understand you're defending your friend.

But you see...just the way she came across with her critcism/opinion made her seem like a stuck-up little elitist bitch. But the point is really starting to get moot, and it seems I'm doing nothing more than reasoning with jackals.

Otherwise...there are better, more mature ways of criticising videos that aren't up to your highly-opinionated elitist standards than just making them seem like they're below you, and thus making you sound like a snobby little twat.

Do not let this sully your judgement on my further works or perhaps even myself as a person in real life (which you have yet to meet and likely may never).

Thread. Dead. Now.

NemoSperry
Org Profile

Post by NemoSperry » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:35 am

cheez wrote:No, actually, it was constructive criticism. Apparently you just can't handle the fact that somebody really didn't like your video. He pointed out exactly what he didn't like and he didn't flame you in the least. Maybe you should try learning from that instead of tagging it "snobbery."

Your little "if you hate my video, just go kill yourself" reply, however, struck me as extremely lame and elitist.
BTW...where are YOUR videos? :wink:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”