Awakened

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Awakened

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Tue May 01, 2007 2:56 am

...my newest amv, first mp4 on Local [for now, there's also a temporary Direct link to the lower res <a href="http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... viD.avi</a>]
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 00x338.jpg[/img]</a>
Categories: Action, Fun, Instrumental
*curse the first person to use the song Drumbone and not capitalize the D*

I tried to make it look like I know what I'm doing, but I'm still relatively new to AMVs [... well.. 1 yr] so forgive me if some things don't quite seem right [the first time you watch it anyways...I hope :P]

A little experimental using 60fps... so if you notice some weird motion-thing, that's probably the reason^^. Simple concept, fun instrumental--Blue Man style 8-), VLC ensures playback. 47MB. 768x432 res. Also, thanks to any beta-ers. Maybe I should have sent more, but *shrugs* [if you're willing to help beta my next, just let me know]

Tell me what you think... good/bad/whatever.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue May 01, 2007 3:11 am

This...was a really cool video. I don't know quite what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised with this. The synching was intense and fun, it was a high-energy video that was just plain entertaining to watch. The 60 fps made some of the scenes in the first ~50 seconds look a little weird, but the rest of the video there were no other such problems.

Also, pretty high quality as well. I really enjoyed this one. Even though there wasn't too much of a point, it was a helluva lot of fun to watch, and I'm very impressed with the effect work/synching in here :up:

Nice work!

WC Annihilus
Org Profile

Post by WC Annihilus » Tue May 01, 2007 7:56 am

Aw crap, the file name is too big so now I can't leave star ratings... <sighs> Thus, this video... FAILS!

Haha, jk. Twas a fun vid. But yes, next time could you make the file name shorter?

Orzmella
Org Profile

Post by Orzmella » Tue May 01, 2007 12:14 pm

I liked 0:20-1:10 , but then something went wrong ...
Not going to rate it - too original for me to tell what was good and what was bad >.<

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Tue May 01, 2007 2:18 pm

CrackTheSky wrote: This...was a really cool video. I don't know quite what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised with this. The synching was intense and fun, it was a high-energy video that was just plain entertaining to watch. The 60 fps made some of the scenes in the first ~50 seconds look a little weird, but the rest of the video there were no other such problems.

Also, pretty high quality as well. I really enjoyed this one. Even though there wasn't too much of a point, it was a helluva lot of fun to watch, and I'm very impressed with the effect work/synching in here :up:

Nice work!
thanks, good stuff to hear. The first half is something I can't quite understand. I watch it one time, it looks like crap. I watch it again, it looks perfect. Again, and crap. :?. Glad hearing you enjoyed it :D
WC Annihilus wrote:Aw crap, the file name is too big so now I can't leave star ratings... <sighs> Thus, this video... FAILS!

Haha, jk. Twas a fun vid. But yes, next time could you make the file name shorter?
haha :sweat: *takes note to make shorter file names* Good to hear it Twas fun.
Orzmella wrote:I liked 0:20-1:10 , but then something went wrong ...
Not going to rate it - too original for me to tell what was good and what was bad >.<
Same as Sky. I've actually come to the conclusion that this happens because the synch isn't really beat-based. Hope you watched the rest though... 'cause like... stuff happens... should be good^^

~Phan

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue May 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Picture perked my interest,
This:
Orzmella wrote: Not going to rate it - too original for me to tell what was good and what was bad >.<
Convinced me to download it ;p

Didn't expect to use this twice in the same day, but:

That was some slick synch work there, was a refreshingly different and fun vid to watch. A few of the effects were bordering cheesy, but the timming was realy tight, and although the effects you used were pretty basic, I like the fact that you thought outside the box so to speak on how you actually used them in the video.

Major :up: I dug it :D

P.S. Visual quality was very nice, (although the high sharpness added some artifacts to the high motion scenes) Especially the colors, very vibrant, did you do any color alteration work to it?

P.S.2. (lol) I just read your description so I thought I should also note that I had no problems playing the 60fps file, looked fine to me using Media Player Classic and the latest CCCP pack (ffdshow basically) for decoding mp4s.

sinneah
Org Profile

Post by sinneah » Tue May 01, 2007 6:18 pm

What did I just watch ?

I liked it.

Garridy
Org Profile

Post by Garridy » Tue May 01, 2007 8:04 pm

That was pretty good. Personally though I would have done something different at the beginning, but thats just me. Also I don't know if it was the 60fps or what but it was really shaky. Don't know if it was on purpose or not and if it was on purpose then I would say to lay off just a bit. However, I commend you on the video quality. Top notch.
4/5

*ps - I did watch it in VLC
I love to wear absurd and totally impractical garments. What's more, I derive great pleasure from spending time with women for no apparent reason.
I'm just that kind of person. - Sousuke Sagara

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Wed May 02, 2007 6:16 am

There's something in this vid that I find unique :? Don't know why, though...

Anyway, that was really neat editing, especially at the beginning. Later on, it's becoming a little too fast paced for me, but that's probably because of the song speeding up as well. This is just my personal opinion... I have no real complaints; sync is good, effects well fit, and you make me wanna give this series a look.

Very good video, definitely a keeper!

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Wed May 02, 2007 1:46 pm

First off, here is on small piece of business. If you run into problems about my long filename 'breaking' your members main page, here are some solutions from the help thread:
Phantasmagoriat wrote:Okay, just requested the re-upload/re-name. I checked for myself what the problem was... and yeah... STUPID ME!
So just to reiterate: to rate my vid, and get it out of the way,
either
  • 1.)click somewhere in the grey area, and press the tab key on your keyboard to get to the rating
    [Thanks Dax]

or

2.)Use IE
    [Thanks Sky]

or

3.)just go the the My Downloads area in the menu and rate from there
    [Thanks ScorpionP]
Again, Sorry :oops:
And now for some fun responses.
Bakadeshi Uber-Quoted wrote: Image
Major :up: I dug it ::P: ... Visual nice [artifacts]... color... CCCP worked...
I really appreciate the feedback. Color adjustments was basically just tweak() and levels() in vdub. Reassuring to know CCCP playback worked. ;)
sinneah wrote:What did I just watch ?

I liked it.
Well... I don't know lol. Although there IS a pseudo-concept in there playing on the title, but it's mainly just meant to frazzle your senses [a bit]... so it seemed to work. And I am happy :D
darthgamer uber-quoted wrote:pretty good. Done different at the beginning, but thats just me. shaky on purpose or not? I commend you on the video quality. Top notch. 4/5 *ps - I did watch it in VLC
Thanks. I would redirect you to my first response to Sky, unless there is something specific you had in mind. Shakes were intentional, I may tone it down some later. Thanks for the rating. VLC ftw!
ScorpionP Uber-Quoted wrote:There's something in this vid that I find unique :? Don't know why, though...
Speed. no real complaints; sync is good, effects well fit, make me wanna give this series a look.

Very good video, definitely a keeper!
I take this uniqueness as a good thing? Pace-pick-up was intentional; it may have been too fast, but that was the only way I new of to make the 60fps pay off. Thanks for the comments. RoD (OVA/TV) are both fun times; the Paper thing is definitely a sweet concept, and the OVA is only 3 eps long. Glad to know it's a keeper! :o

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”