Fav genre's

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Fav genre's

Postby Syaoran of the Light » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:45 pm

What is your favorite music + amv genre?

i would say mine is hmmm...

Music wise it would be metal now

and with amv's id have to say its Action/Drama
Syaoran of the Light

Postby Otohiko » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:51 pm

Instrumental / Other
Otohiko

Postby *inverse* » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:08 pm

There are too many genres of music that I like to lable just one as my favorite. I don't like the 'popular' MTV junk, rap/hip-hop or country, but I like a lot of the music I've heard in AMVs.

As for AMVs, my favorite genre is probably dance.
*inverse*

Postby Krisqo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:19 pm

*inverse* wrote:I don't like the 'popular' MTV junk, rap/hip-hop or country

X2

I'm a stickler for Drama/Romance AMVs :oops:
Krisqo
Cooking Oil

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Metal / Drama
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby Fall_Child42 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:45 pm

Other / other

or

Other / Comedy ... But what i find funny is very hard to describe

But isn't this about amvs thus On topic :O

OH NOES
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby starcat09 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:48 pm

I like J-pop cutesy music, Eurobeat, dance stuff as far as music goes. AMVs, I like comedy and dance and the ever-popular Other.
starcat09

Re: Fav genre's

Postby SarahtheBoring » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Music: I have unrepentantly horrible taste, because I'm a nerd and I'm not going to fool anyone pretending to be cool. Not current stuff (I'm old) but random junk from the last few decades. I once bought a deluxe double-disc import version of a Pet Shop Boys CD, and I've seen Barenaked Ladies in concert about seven times. Enough said. Occasionally I hear about cool music from other people, but by the time I get to like it, it isn't cool anymore.

AMVs: Varies. I like videos that make me want to kick ass, because that's a difficult thing to inspire in somebody as lazy as I am. Also videos that start out depressing and end up happy, which hardly anyone makes.
SarahtheBoring

Re: Fav genre's

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:01 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:Also videos that start out depressing and end up happy, which hardly anyone makes.

I can do vice versa, but I don't know about that. Maybe that'll be my next attempt. Although Consequences was sort of close. That video not only makes me want to kick ass, but it ends happily as well.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby Beowulf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Action/Horror
Action/Other
Other/Horror
Other/Fun
Beowulf

Postby Minion » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:45 pm

hungrycrackpot/hungrycrackpot
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Arigatomina » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:10 pm

Bishonen. Does that count as a genre?

Music...I like a lot of songs. I like Linkin Park and Evanescence, Alanis Morrisette and Ace of Base, Bon Jovi and Creed, Metallica and Fuel, Johnny Cash and Hank Williams Jr, I love collecting movie soundtracks from 80s films, fast instrumentals like some of the tracks on The Matrix and Blade soundtracks, classics like Bobby Darin and The Weather Girls...anything sung by my favorite Japanese voice actors, lots of spanish songs but I can never remember the artists' names...and new stuff I hear in amvs and go looking for the single of.

There aren't that many songs that I *don't* like as long as they're matched up with bishonen anime characters (or a few shoujo series - I like prettified dance once in a while).

I like to edit slow romance vids and bishonen dance vids (rare breed), and I like to watch fast paced action/angst vids.
Arigatomina

Postby 8bit_samurai » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:59 pm

Action/Tragedy/Comedy for AMVs

I don't mind the overused music and such and the suff that plays on MTV, just as long as it's edited well enough for my taste.

As for music, I don't have any specific taste for it or anything. Whatever floats my boat I guess
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Postby guy07 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:27 am

Anything comedy, i'm not a big fan for romance, i like some action,some fun are ok, anything with cool visuals i like too. sucker for pretty thigs and boobs.
guy07

Return to General Discussion