Finally A Kingdom Hearts Extractor

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

Finally A Kingdom Hearts Extractor

Postby deanaugust1 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:17 pm

Hi

Just to let you know there is big hopes of being a FIRST Kingdom Hearts Extractor. Just to let you in on the details No Video has been found at this stage only the Audio (dialogue). The whole dialogue on this game has been found and they are in a ADPCM Format. Took me a whole 2 days to figure this out. Although many of you would probably want the Video instead of the Audio correct? Thats why i was thinking if any one out there knows a specific program that helps me extract files in a RIFF and 3DS (3D Studio File) format as i believe the Videos are held in there.
deanaugust1

Good News Info about 3DS format

Postby deanaugust1 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:39 pm

By gathering information, about ''what is the 3DS File format''. It is obviously believed that the pre-rendered scenes are made up in this type of format, being precise this format is undoubtably a format that contains all the info. about the pre-rendered cut scenes (Color info etc). I am currently looking for a converter for this type of format if anyone has any ideas that will be truly appreciated.
deanaugust1

Postby sayde » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:15 pm

Do you mean that your actually trying to extract the in game cut scenes that utilize the in-game models? (because that's what it sounds like your trying to do.) Are you even sure that's possible? Because I don't think anyones EVER done anything like this.

Well because I know virtually nothing else on the issue, I'll keep any further comments to myself. Good luck with this. Sorry I could'nt contribute anything useful to this topic.

btw, if you're really knowledgeble with this kind of stuff, you might want to try making an FMV extractor for KH1 first. Not only does it seem a lot more plausible to make, but no ones bothered to make one for the NA version of KH1. (Only KH1:Final Mix which was never released outside of japan). Up till now, everyones had to resort to capturing the intro, ending, and secret ending. It might be nice to actually have some ripped copies for a change.
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!
sayde

Postby Orwell » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:01 pm

3DS is the file format of 3D Studio Max, which essentially means that you can animate your own sequences using what's on the disc, from what it sounds like anyhow. Of course, this program legally costs a great bunch.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."
Orwell
godx, Son of godix

Postby deanaugust1 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:54 pm

Do you mean that your actually trying to extract the in game cut scenes that utilize the in-game models?

Yes thats exactly what im trying to do.

you might want to try making an FMV extractor for KH1 first

Yes that is my intension, It took me only 2 days to solve and find all the Audio diologue, so probably you will be expecting a fully functional Kingdom Hearts FMV extractor by at least Christmas.
deanaugust1

Postby Melanchthon » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:35 pm

Sounds cool. Do you have plans to make any more extractors, or is it the kind of thing that anyone can do given the right tools and a good guide?
Melanchthon

Postby sayde » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:36 pm

deanaugust1 wrote:Yes that is my intension, It took me only 2 days to solve and find all the Audio diologue, so probably you will be expecting a fully functional Kingdom Hearts FMV extractor by at least Christmas.

Good news. :D
Since you seem to know a great deal about how to go about ripping fmv's the hard way off ps2 games, you should consider typing up an faq on this. As time consuming and complicated as it may be, THIS is the kind of stuff I've been wanting to learn how to do (for all those special situations when using "Nova Software extractor" to scan an iso doesn't work).

Much luck to you.
wait on it!
sayde

Postby deanaugust1 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:50 pm

Melanchthon wrote:Sounds cool. Do you have plans to make any more extractors, or is it the kind of thing that anyone can do given the right tools and a good guide?

No, not at this stage, im more focused on finishing this one first.

you should consider typing up an faq on this

I probably might but don't expect to much.
deanaugust1

Postby Moonie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:31 pm

Thats neat that you are working on a way to extract movies from kingdom hearts.

If only someone could figure out how to extract movies from gamecube games easy... I can extract movies form dreamcast games but gamecube disc are too hard.
Once you figure this one out you think you are gonna find a way for those? ^_^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Moonie
Give me some candy!

Postby deanaugust1 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:31 am

moonie211 wrote:Thats neat that you are working on a way to extract movies from kingdom hearts.

If only someone could figure out how to extract movies from gamecube games easy... I can extract movies form dreamcast games but gamecube disc are too hard.
Once you figure this one out you think you are gonna find a way for those? ^_^

Im mainly focusing on extracting PS2 cut-scenes although i might consider trying to build a FMV Extractor for Gamecube aswell. Of course it will take some time before i get around to it.
deanaugust1

Postby jasper-isis » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:13 pm

Now this is certainly interesting. Is there are chance that we would be able to extract the files without any subtitles? :D

Also, I was under the impression that the cutscenes couldn't be extracted was because they were dependent on gameplay. Like for example, the keyblade that shows up in a certain cutscene is the one that you had equipped in moments leading up to that cutscene. If we render these files ourselves, will the characters be shown with only their default weapons (Kingdom key, Mage staff, Knight shield)?

I'm asking because I might be interested in remastering my KH video if this ever comes to be. But my video showcases a lot of different keyblades and weapons, so I'll only be able to remaster if it is possible to control which scenes get which keyblades.
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

Postby deanaugust1 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:40 am

Is there are chance that we would be able to extract the files without any subtitles?

Im afraid not

sorry

and to that other question im not really sure, but i'll see what i can do.
deanaugust1

Postby ech33 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:27 pm

how exactly are u able to extract the audio/video clip, just curious.
ech33

Postby deanaugust1 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:00 am

ech33 wrote:how exactly are u able to extract the audio/video clip, just curious.

Hi

Well there are actually a number of ways you can do this i'll list them:

- Hex Editing (Finds the most, I found the Ending and Secret ending with this)
- Run the game using PCSX2 (Great for getting the start and ending points of the Intro)
- A process of searching using the following method (Audio):

1. Get Gigaherz FMV Extractor Version 4 (not 5) and select method 2 to find false streams)

2. Use cube Media player 2 and scan through the False streams
(WARNING takes hours but finds heaps of audio)

- To find the rest of the Audio just follow the next steps:

1. Make an ISO Image file using DVD Decrypter

2. Scan through it de-selecting every file exept the RIFF and 3DS File (using NOVA extractor)

3. Scan those files with Cube Media Player 2 and then youll have the rest of the Audio files.

Done

The audio as stated in my first post are in a ADPCM format, when trying to play them in Cube media it will sound fast and a bit high pitched.
theres a way to fix them using these programs:

1. Cube Media Player 2
2. Xilisoft Audio Maker

I'll right a guide on this later on.
deanaugust1

Postby sayde » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:47 pm

^^that post alone was pretty informative. I can't wait to see all the info your guide will offer. Thanks a lot for this. Hopefully you'll at least be able to share the basics of the hex editting process with us.
wait on it!
sayde

Next

Return to Footage Help