A Yu-Gi-Oh question? (Warning to 56K users)

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.

A Yu-Gi-Oh question? (Warning to 56K users)

Postby pmfreak » Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:28 am

In the episode where SETO KAIBA was about to be capture by those dudes in his mansion. Should the guys be holding guns or something? Cause when you capture someone, you don't point, or have a fist by your hip, and running after him like that...

I'm sorry the pics are like that, I find out at the last minute that it's the episode they did that, and the reception on my TV SUCKS when I recorded it...

If you need a video clip of it, let me know.
pmfreak

Postby DiemondDagger » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:29 pm

They do have guns but like many times over, the americans edited the shows before they showed it. Why do you think it takes so long for new shows to be showed. Not because they are recieving them but because they are f*ckin them up good.

Digimon had the same problem, in the episodes with Puppetmon, he has a gun and tries to shoot TK, that why in some spots on the show you can see him holding up his hand like he has a gun at TK, and how his lips don't sync at ALL to the words of the maericanized puppetmon.
They edited his dialogue terribly as well.

-_-;

Hope that helps some.
DiemondDagger

Postby Rozard » Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:45 pm

They were threatening to use their Spirit Gun! Don't you people watch Yu Yu Hakusho?! :lol:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

u are so right

Postby eva pilot 14 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:09 pm

they F up all anime they show like that i pisses me off...i want to get the eps in jap with english subs b/c of that shit...they do it for every anime they show.
Anime rulz
eva pilot 14

Postby Digital_Dojo » Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:34 pm

They didn't edit out the guns, they cut out the conversation right before the guys entered the room...

Guy1: Okay, give me my gun.
Guy2: I told you to get the guns!!!
G1: Don't even try to pull that crap again. I told you to get guns.
G2: You most certainly did not!
G1: I did...
G2: Great, what are we going to do now??
G1: Okay, just pretend we have guns...
G2: <smacks G1> Are you an idiot?
G1: Well what's your bright idea..
G2: Fine, but I did tell you to get the guns....

And that solves this mystery...

DD
<i>Badger my ass, it's probably just Milhouse.</i>
Digital_Dojo

Postby priuscomet » Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:54 pm

why DID they take out the guns!? i mean, its not like they really used them anyway...it just makes it look so damn stupid....and plus there is no gore present that would make little innocent kids squirmish. its not like they never saw a gun before or never will.
priuscomet

Postby Rozard » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:39 pm

priuscomet wrote:why DID they take out the guns!? i mean, its not like they really used them anyway...it just makes it look so damn stupid....and plus there is no gore present that would make little innocent kids squirmish. its not like they never saw a gun before or never will.

Legalities. They wouldn't want some little kid to be watching a show with guns in it. The parent's would flip, complain, etc. Plus the FCC are a bunch of pansies. :D
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby temjin » Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:33 pm

why get mad when they overly censored a horrible show? and why don't snakes watch out for us. i mean, they fly around all day, hitting my monitor. you'd think they'd evolve into hamsters for god's sake. maybe if hamsters weren't so damn caught up in writing books under stephen king's name, they would realize that snakes are a realy threat. that is why, if i get elected into the big cumfy couch from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. every week day in space, then i will try to remember what we were talking about. ooh, that's a bright light.
temjin

Postby The HentaiMaster » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:16 am

more u hide sommething from someone more the person will be interressted in (no wonder they have all those terrorist problems)
The sensore it cose thtey r stupid and "want to ""protrect therer children"" "(like therer is going to be a diffrence)

When americans do that they take out the heart of the anime and modify it and we have to suffer the conesequinces

anny way that is why i want to go to japan

sayonara
The HentaiMaster

Postby Princess Garnet » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:20 am

Rozard wrote:They were threatening to use their Spirit Gun! Don't you people watch Yu Yu Hakusho?! :lol:

:lol:

This is why I hate Dubbs on T.V so much, they take so much out of it that some parts don't even make sense!
-Princess Garnet
Princess Garnet

Postby UncleMilo » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:49 am

There are often many problems with dubs.

However - it's hard to know where the blame should be placed.

Example - I was in one title and the guy doing the voice direction did a very good job... but there was this huge list of words he couldn't use in the script... it was absurd! During the recording, some of the actors said "why don't we just say (this)" and you could hear his frustration.

Example - A bad director can lead to a bad dub. I have heard good voice actors and actresses give lousy performances... and it's because the director had no idea what he was doing... didn't even understand the show.

Example - A friend of mine is a very good voice director... but he is sometimes at odds with Japanese execs who don't believe we have a culture. He tried to argue with them that "TEMPLAR" was a real word (which it is), but they forced him to use the term "CHURCH KNIGHTS" and weren't interested in discussion.

Example - A Gundam game has New York spelled as New Yark. Many people have pointed out the error, but the Japanese exec REFUSED to allow the spelling to be changed.

So... problems can exist in the rules of the FCC, bad directors, or even problems from the Japanese companies who are trying to call shots on how English should be spoken, when they themselves can't speak it. I've seen all three happen...

True... I just get the Japanese with English subtitles... and though there are plenty of problems that can crop up from subtitles... I just happen to prefer (in most cases) to hear the series in its original language.

-Uncle Milo
UncleMilo

Postby Beefmaster10000 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:55 am

Well, I prefer my anime dubbed. But, I guess that is just me on these boards.
Beefmaster10000

Postby IamSD » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:19 pm

If it's a good dub, then whoopeedoo! I like it too! But most dubs really suck, and I can admit that. That's why I like subtitles a lot better.

I remember when I used to watch season one digimon, I used to hear things that weren't right. Mimi said (in the english version) that she had a brother. Yet, mimi doesn't have a brother. It was supposed to be "cousin" but the dubber or directors fudged it up and it was wierd. So, if you look, there are tons of fanrings and clubbie things dedicated to "Mimi's Lost Brother". lol yep...
IamSD

Postby Beefmaster10000 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:48 pm

No, most dubs DON'T suck. Of course, this is my opinion, and unlike some of you, I don't try and force my opinions on people.
Beefmaster10000

Postby projekt_navi » Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:30 am

good O' edits ... always show proof that japanese is always better 8)

.... and besides ... who watches yu-gi-oh 0_0
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:
projekt_navi

Next

Return to General Anime