Sentimental Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.

Sentimental Videos

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:37 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that contain sentimental themes - i.e. ones that are not quite dramatic and not quite romantic. These can be sympathetic or uplifting depending on the video.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby Malificus » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:00 pm

I think this goes here,

It's glorious, especially If you understand Fooly Cooly.
ImageImage
Malificus
Dr. Malpractice

Postby pinky75910 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:49 pm

This vid is to my favorite anime, but chances are you've never seen it. I only pray you can appreciate this - makes me cry!
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239
pinky75910

Postby Sora_Li » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:03 pm

omigod this amv made me cry!! nuriko really didn't deserve to.... well i won't say anymore about that just in case i'd spoil that part in Fushigi Yugi.... the video's called 'Nuriko's Somewhere Out There' by Kiwii-chan

[MOD99: Please remember to give a link to the video.]
Sora_Li

Postby DarkSchneider » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:55 pm

Alright, here's another cover up for my mistake earlier. Please disregard my earlier post. As for Sentimental, here's one that I recently voted for in the recent VCAs:

I like this vid, because it has one of my favorite Goo Goo Dolls songs, "Slide", also recently I saw the anime "Ai Yori Aoshi" and loved it. This song really fits Kaoru and Aoi well, and I loved the flow of the video.
DarkSchneider

Postby silmeluin » Sun May 01, 2005 7:36 pm

It's a truly beautiful FMA video- rather emotional *sigh*- set to the E Nomine (mitternacht guys, if that rings a bell) "Das Rad Des Schiskals". Pretty original, if I may say so myself!
silmeluin

Postby Strawberry_404 » Tue May 10, 2005 2:00 pm

For The Me the best Sentimental vids are

My Reasons for thinking this is that it really fits well into the song It will make you cry (( Unless you don't have a heart ><)) It also has good quailty ((except for at the bottom most of the time))and some other good stuff
~!Watashi wa Strawberry-san!~
Strawberry_404

Postby pen-pen2002 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:20 am

As far as I'm concerned the hands down winner in this category is Feanor's:

The ending is also my all time favorite ending.

Other gems:

pen-pen2002

Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime

Yay!

Postby Caryn18 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:25 am

I think one of the best Sentimental AMV is

This is one of the best ive seen. And i dont even like Fruits Bastets that much. After seeing this video, it made me want to watch Fruits Bastets over again ( and i did .>.>) Also!! it made me cry! =(!!! ( most of Chiikaboom AMV are good check them out! ) :P

[MOD22: Fixed link]
~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3
Caryn18

Postby Aria Mournesong » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:28 am

Aria Mournesong

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:06 pm

Upon examining this category, I was surprised not to find AbsoluteDestiny's own lovely Sentimental video, though it could also be classified as Romance. That being...

To be honest, I hadn't heard this song at all before I downloaded this AMV, but after I did, I came to a conclusion. A more perfect song for SaiKano did not exist. This video takes every touching, saddening, and beautiful element in that anime, and combines it with a song that illustrates those elements in such a way that lovers of sentimental videos - and especially SaiKano fans - could never miss it. If you don't feel something profound with this one, then you have no heart. :P Amazing job here AD.
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby Batto! » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:29 am

I like this video because it was really well done, it's not a comedy like most fruits basket amv's and really focuses on Tohru's troubles, which i thought was very cool, it's a very good video and you should check it out
Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge

Postby Sir_Rune_DK » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:38 am

what about this one

Good lipsync and good song that goes to that anime......... If you don't feel sad then you don't have a heart!!!!
Life is death.......... see it and die
Sir_Rune_DK

Postby FATTY_VM » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:57 pm

I like the whole idea of this forum. The video I'm bringing up is one that is a touch different from most Golden Boy videos out there, but one of my favorites . My hat is off to Suberunker.

...the problem I see a lot is that many good amv makers think they suck, and many bad amv makers think they're good.
I've seen it happen, man! I've SEEN IT!..
--Rob Kenchu
FATTY_VM

Postby Dragonfiregum » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:03 pm

This video is great.. if youve seen rahxephon youll understand it more.. but it just captures the episodes just right.I cried watching it heh.. :oops:
It could probably fit in more then just sentimental.. im not sure yet.. and there is no Rahxephon section so here it is.
Dragonfiregum

Next

Return to Recommended AMVs