DEADLINE IS PAST. NO MORE VIDEOS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
What is AMV Hell 3 and AMV Hell 0?
AMV Hell 3: The motion picture, is the followup to AMV Hell and AMV Hell 2: Son of AMV Hell. It is a multi-creator project that anyone may join.
AMV Hell 0 is a prequel to AMV Hell, and is essentially the same thing as AMV Hell 3, only its a LOT naughtier.
- Before starting, make sure to watch <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=39704">AMV Hell</a> & <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=39705">AMV Hell 2</a> to get an idea of the types of videos that we are looking for.
- Anyone may participate.
- You may create as many videos as you want.
- The project is aiming to be from 1 to 2 hours in length.
- All videos must be either funny, sick and disgusting, offensive, or just plain wrong.
- All videos should be under 30 seconds in length, the shorter the better. If you need more than 30 seconds, then it better be DAMN good.
- Deadline is July 1, 2005.
We are aiming to get this shown at Anime Weekend Atlanta 11.
- There are no content rules.
Videos that are fairly safe for general audiences will be placed in AMV Hell 3. Videos containing racier content will be placed in AMV Hell 0. Go nuts!
If you wish to create a video, first send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line "AMV HELL IDEA". In the body of the message, write the video and audio source that you plan to use, as well as a reasonably detailed description of your idea for the video. Alternatively to sending an email, you can try contacting me on AIM with your idea. See under this post for my AIM link. Before submitting an idea, PLEASE give it a lot of thought and think about whether its really funny enough to be included. Also search the animemusicvideos.org database and make sure that this idea hasn't been done before. Then either one of two things will happen:
1. Your idea will be rejected, for either not being funny enough, we just don't see what you are getting at from your description, or because someone else already submitted the same idea.
2. We will accept the idea, and you may create the video.
All creators should create a a logo to attach into the bottom-right hand corner of their video. The logo should be an icon or text to identify you. If you create multiple videos, you must use the same logo for each. Multiple creators in the same studio may all use the same logo if they wish. Your logo should be rather small, about the size of the forum avatars here, maybe wider if necessary. Your forum avatar is acceptable as your logo, if you cant come up with anything else. If you are unable to create a logo, a really crappy stupid-looking one will be placed on your video. Do not place the logo on the video yourself, send it as a seperate file.
- Videos should be in at least decent video quality, and MUST NOT CONATIN SUBTITLES (unless they are self-made and intentional). Videos may also not contain the Divx logo. DVD quality video is recommended. If the video quality of your video is not good enough, the video may be rejected.
- Videos should be in 640x480 resolution. If the video source is widescreen, then it should contain black letterbox along the top and bottom in order to make it 640x480.
- Videos should be in AVI format, compressed with either the HUFFYUV, Lagarith, DIVX, or XVID codec. Videos compressed with DIVX or XVID should be encoded at constant quantizer 2 or 1, and should NOT use special features like B-frames or GMC.
- Audio must be stored as UNCOMRPESSED.
- If these requirements are a problem, contact me and we will see if something can be arranged. I'm pretty lax on this stuff, but I'd rather not have to do any more work than necessary to add your video into the project.
Once you are ready to submit your COMPLETED video, email us at email@example.com
with the subject line "AMV HELL VIDEO COMPLETE". In the body of the message, state which video you have completed, correct and accurate titles of the video and audio sources used, and your account name on animemusicvideos.org. We will reply with an ftp address that the video can be uploaded to. Upload your video AS WELL AS your logo. I think we will be featuring everyone's logos in the credits somehow, but this isn't decided yet.
After you have uploaded the video, we will email you back and let you know if everything is good. DO NOT delete your project files until you hear back from us!
Please note that we reserve the right to not include videos in the project as we see fit.
We hate to turn down any videos, and will make all efforts to put every video in the project. However some videos just don't turn out like we expected them to, or even like the creator expected them to. The point of the video is mainly to please the crowd watching it, so we really don't want to make them sit through things that turn out to be painful to watch (painful as in, "I wish it would hurry and skip to the next video").
Video submission checklist
When you upload or give your final video to me, you should make sure that I have the following things:
1. Your video
2. Your logo
3. Your username to be listed in the credits
4. The anime and song/artist used.
***If we don't get back to you within a week or two, please contact us again. There are so many emails, its very easy to forget about someone!***
Well thats about it. This project is being headed by Zarxrax, in association with SSGWNBTD. Let's all try and make these the largest multi-creator videos ever!